DanChurchAid (DCA) Kenya is working in Turkana, West Pokot, Baringo, Elgeyo Marakwet, Nakuru, Nyandarua, Nakuru, Busia and Siaya Counties with a focus of enhancing self-reliance and resilience building. For more information on DCA visit: www.dca.dk. DCA Kenya – Nakuru Office is seeking to recruit an experienced and energetic Kenyan National for field driver position:
The driver is to serve for a period of one-year (renewable) contract starting January 2021. The position is mainly field based (Nakuru and Nyandarua Counties). The Driver will report to the Project Manager based in Nakuru with technical reporting to the ProLog Officer in Nairobi.
The main responsibilities of the driver are:
1. Driving and fleet management
• Ensure cost-saving by driving responsibly
• Maintain daily vehicle and motorcycles logs, daily mileage, gas consumption, oil change, servicing, greasing, repairs and oversee that other drives do the same
• Prepare and maintain data of the vehicle and motorcycle maintenance plans and reports.
• Ensure that all official vehicles are kept clean and is always in good working condition
• Make minor repairs and make arrangements for major repairs
• Change oil, check tires, lights horn, clutch and brakes and wash fleet regularly
• Ensure that vehicle and motorcycle comply with Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s)
• Maintain and ensure availability of all required documents/supplies including vehicle and motorcycle: insurance, logs, office directory, and map of the city/country, first aid kit, and necessary spare parts in the assigned vehicle
• Assist in all areas of Fleet Management including vehicle and motorcycle registration, insurance, maintenance, security, usage monitoring, vehicle ownership transfers and disposal
• Ensure that all immediate actions required by rules and regulations are taken in case of involvement in accidents
• Drive office vehicles for the transport of DCA staff, visitors and support field missions
• Deliver and collect mail, documents and other items to Government and other Offices
• Oversee and ensure that all immediate actions required by rules and regulations are taken in case of involvement in accidents
• Oversee and ensure that all vehicles comply with Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s)
2. Provide general administrative and logistic support as needed
• Assist office staff in filing, photocopying and maintaining required records
• Assist in the mailing and distribution of publications and payments of bills, as required.
• Liaise with suppliers to support the ProLog in procurement and logistics functions
• Assist in managing the daily logistical issues of staff transport services, by working closely with HR and relevant service providers
• Update staff on various emerging traffic issues in the operational area
• Follow up on Protocol matters for the organization and its eligible staff
• Submit applications and follow up with relevant Government Ministries for approval of exemption and regulatory documents, issuance of motor vehicle number plates and logbooks as necessary
• Log official trips in the official logbooks
• Minimum secondary school education (KCSE or Equivalent)
• Valid and clean B-C-E driving License with over three years driving experience
• Practical knowledge in basic mechanics and vehicle diagnostics
• Certified defensive driver and possession of basic first aid training and certification
• Ability to communicate effectively in English and Kiswahili
• High level of self-motivation, integrity, commitment to humanitarian and development work
• Good team player with excellent interpersonal skills
How to apply
Apply online by clicking the Apply Now Button.
The deadline for applications is: 23/10/2020
Only online applications will be accepted.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. **
DCA is an equal opportunity employer and all interested and qualified candidates are encouraged to apply regardless of race, gender, marital status and religious, political or ethnic affiliation.
DCA conducts a thorough anti-terror check as part of the recruitment process. It is a prerequisite that you can pass this check and maintain this status throughout your employment period.