The Driving Instructor's responsibilities include planning and delivering lessons that promote students' theoretical and applied driving skills. Driving Instructors also communicate with students to ascertain which of their abilities require further development
Roles and Responsibilities
• Maintenance of machines and equipment used in instruction.
• Preparing lesson plans, instructing, assessing and marking theory & practical work for students.
• Explain how a car operates, how to perform safety checks and what to do in case of an emergency.
• Guide learners through the new NTSA guideline and curriculum.
• Prepare learners for NTSA Driving exams
• Maintain an accurate record of attendance of the students both in class and field Practical
• Correspond with management concerning the materials/devices/kits required.
• Documenting and reporting on students' progress.
• Informing students when they are ready to take the driver's test.
• Reporting all accidents to the Head of the driving school.
Skills and Qualifications
• NTSA Instructors number
• Valid Instructors license
• Minimum of 2 years work experience as a driving instructor
• Good conduct certificate
• KRA Pin, NSSF No, NHIF No
• National Identification Card
• Valid Driving license and possess a clean driving record
• Possess good Communication Skills and be computer literate
• Conversant with NTSA Traffic Act and Regulations