Strong Start is looking to hire enthusiastic, hard working, and passionate Early Childhood Development Interns who see value in learning and growing with us!
- Minimum Qualification:Certificate
- Experience Level:Volunteer, internship
- Experience Length:No Experience/Less than 1 year
We are looking to hire early childhood development teachers for Strong Start’s internship program. If you are a recent graduate of an early childhood development program and are looking for teaching experience, Strong Start’s internship program will provide you with high quality on the job training. This is a short-term role with possible longer full – time options. Please only apply if you are open to this.
Strong Start is looking to hire enthusiastic, hard working, and passionate ECD teaching interns who see value in learning and growing with us!
Strong Start is a fast-growing social enterprise that provides early childhood support for families and communities throughout Nairobi. Our classes and playgroups teach caregivers how to create fun and stimulating environments at home for children to thrive.
Our approach contains the 5 Domains of Early Learning, which sets the trajectory for a child’s growth and development over a lifetime (5 Domains of Early Learning: Physical Development, Social Development, Cognitive Development, Language Development & Life Skills).
Strong Start enables children’s access to positive learning spaces while building meaningful, and professional employment opportunities for women in the caregiving industry. Our trainings offer caregivers opportunities to advance their professional skills while on the job, which leads to higher job retention, promotions, and higher living wages.
Strong Start invites Early Childhood Development teachers to gain valuable practical experience through our ECD Teacher Internship program. The program provides teachers with practical experience teaching children aged 6-months – 3-years. Class subjects range from sensory play to sports to arts & crafts, nature play and more. Teachers must be able to work with children and adults. Work hours and venues change, so APPLICANTS MUST HAVE THE FLEXIBILITY TO ADAPT TO TEACHING LOCATIONS AND TIMINGS.
We are looking for teachers with progressive teaching practices whose early childhood development values are aligned with positive learning approaches. Teachers with strong levels of professionalism (ability to meet deadlines, manage work schedule, always arrive on time), have a strong work ethic, with a drive to grow professionally are encouraged to apply.
• Teach Strong Start classes by following lesson plans, teacher guides and objectives
• Prepare for each class and playgroup in advance, including, preparing and organizing materials to meet class objectives
• Clearly communicate class objectives to students and ensure quality teaching of classes and playgroups that meet their learning objectives (includes starting and ending on time)
• Plan and conduct playgroup activities for a balanced program that meets the learning objectives
• Assess, document, and report on the development of each child
• Set a positive example by practicing quality professionalism and creating a positive, fun and stimulating environment for students to actively engage in the learning environment
• Be a positive brand ambassador of Strong Start
• Teach at different venues throughout Nairobi
• Teach during the week and weekends
• Diploma or Certificate in one of the following areas: Early Childhood Development, Education, Montessori, Waldorf
• Understanding of developing curricula preferred
• Certificate of Good Conduct
• Fluency in both English and Kiswahili
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• Excellent organizational skills
• Flexibility to work at different sites and venues throughout Nairobi
• Knowledgeable and passionate about the job
• Ability to meet class objects
• A team player but also a self-starter
• Available professional references
• Thrives in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment
• Strong integrity
• Self-starter with pro-active approach, strong time management and prioritisation skills
• Goal-oriented, hitting monthly and termly goals and objectives, with the energy and stamina to work well in a fast-paced environment
• Ability to work independently as well as on a team
Deadline to apply: May 20, 2022
Shortlisted candidates must attend an in-person interview on Saturday May 28, 2022.
Successful applicants must be ready to start the Internship on Mon June 6, 2022.
June 6 – July 29, 2022: Onboarding training, application of skills on site
Interns will receive a small travel stipend each week
Important Safety Tips
Get Insured through mTek Services
You can explore medical and personal accident insurance covers conveniently. Compare pricing from various insurance companies, save, and budget