Reporting to: CEO & Technology Manager
Dept: Service Delivery Department
Glocal Communications is a visionary & transformative leading quality player in the provision of goods and services in the area of telecommunications with products ranging from Radio Frequency (RF) terrestrial and satellite reception and transmitting equipment to cable based installations -ethernet or fibre networks, electronic and niche type electrical solutions such as laptop and desktop computers, CCTV cameras, Satellite TV complete Kits, Satellite Dishes, Satellite and Terrestrial TV decoders, routers, IP switches, RF Cables, IP Cat 5,6 and 7 Cables, electric cables, electrical switches, electric and solar lighting products and so on.
The company seeks to step up and expand the Technical Services range we offer viz. after sale service support for our products, Installation and Commissioning services for DSTV, CCTV, IP networks and Intercom systems, both on commercial and in domestic spaces towards fulfilling our mission of taking the headache of technical solutions away from our clients yet empowering them to enjoy uninterrupted the benefits of these technologies.
This role requires proficiency in planning, installation and commissioning of terrestrial and satellite dish antennae and associated cabling and termination, CCTV, Intercom Facilities, IP LAN and WAN networks and VSAT networks for both commercial and residential set ups. An understanding (at a working knowledge level) of the different products and technologies available, installation designs and standards applicable and being able to make client recommendations on optimal configurations and equipments given a client need is crucial.
The work of the technician includes:-
- assessment of client needs and estimation of best products and installations to meet the requirements of the client
- Preparation of bill of materials and estimation of the associated cost thereof
- Deliver the installation to high standards of both electrical/electronic/telecommunication wiring standards and good workmanship and aesthetics to our standards and client’s satisfaction
- Be able to recommend and deploy a preventive as well as detective maintenance and service regime for the said equipment to further augment a hassle free experience for clients
Skills & Experience Requirements
- A diploma or higher diploma in telecommunications engineering or an equivalent from a reputable Technical training institution.
- 1 -3 years experience in installation and maintenance of RF systems (preferably satellite solutions), and/or CCTV and Alarm systems
- Relevant experience in terrestrial and satellite TV installations including highrise buildings and multiple end user terminal configurations. Familiarity with both RG and Cat cable installations and toolkits.
- Relevant experience in Ethernet and fibre cable network LAN and WAN installations and servicing. Full familiarity with equipment as well as Cat and Fibre optic terminations and toolkits.
- Working knowledge (and demonstrates tested ability to learn fast where no experience exists) of applications and software normally used to set up client terminals on both Satellite and Cable connections.
- Some experience with laptop and desktop computer troubleshooting and repair and ability to escalate and hold accountable expert manufacturer’s repair and warranty teams.
- High levels of personal and self confident integrity
- Ability to communicate clearly and persuasively
- Ability to deliver on time and on budget
- Ability to deal with difficult or unhappy customers with grace and ease
- Resilience to work under time constraints
- Innovative thinking and problem solving mindset enabling adaptation to site conditions while delivering within time
- A passion for excellence - to be seen both in the core performance of networks/installation but also in excellent quality finishes of installations.
- Ability to lead others
Salary Indications: Ksh 25,000 per month