Duties and Responsibilities
1. Designing or coordinating the design of electrical and renewable energy systems for residential or commercial buildings.
2. Using computer-aided design (CAD) software to create electrical and renewable energy designs.
3. Creating checklists to use when reviewing installation projects that have been completed
4. Creating plans for developing, monitoring and evaluating electrical systems.
5. Designing hot water and space heating solar systems in new and existing residential or commercial structures.
6. Developing operational procedures to maintain safety standards for installing and maintaining installations.
7. Working out the technical and economic aspects of new renewable energy sites, including wind farms, and solar installations.
8. Carrying out site and ground condition inspections for new and existing sites.
9. Ensuring that the installation and running of renewable energy sites comply with environmental laws.
10. Preparing project plans, schedules of work and cost estimates.
11. Managing the integration of the renewable energy produced into existing systems.
12. Testing and inspection of equipment to ensure that they are suitable for wide scale use
13. Writing and presenting technical reports.
14. Liaising with energy providers, contractors and other engineering and science professionals.
15. Installation and servicing of renewable energy backups.
16. Maintenance and installation of solar lights.
17. The renewable energy Engineer must continually be kept up to date with new technological developments in the electrical and renewable energy industry, making sure the company remains at the forefront of innovative customized solutions to be offered to their clients.
Education & Experience
• Diploma/Degree in Electrical & Electronics engineering or related course.
• At least 4-5 years’ experience in a similar position.
Skills and Qualifications
● Excellent computer literacy and knowledge of design and visualization software.
● Ability to work with multiple disciplines of projects.
● Ability to work across multiple projects in parallel.
● Excellent organizational, time management, leadership and decision making skills.
● Strong written and verbal communication Skills.
• EPRA Solar certification
• EBK registration is an added advantage