Employer: Dynamic start-up in the energy sector
Location: Muranga with occasional travel to other assigned work sites
About the company
We are a dynamic start-up in the renewable energy sector developing both on-grid and off-grid renewable energy projects.
Our mission is to provide reliable, affordable and sustainable access to energy in regions that do not have this today. We believe that electricity will be the engine towards welfare and growth in rural Africa.
We use an innovative solution that relies on the most efficient, affordable and sustainable source of energy: hydropower. We harvest the power of running water and then transform it into electricity that is supplied to the national grid or distributed directly to households and businesses.
We develop small hydro projects from A to Z meaning we identify suitable locations, assess the technical & economic feasibility, we then design, finance & build the power plants and remain involved in the maintenance & operations once the plant is operational.
As part of our continued growth in Kenya and the EAC region, we are looking for an Electrical Technician to support us in the implementation and management our current and upcoming projects country-wide.
Do you thrive in a hands on work environment that requires you to get your hands dirty? Are you as comfortable and familiar with troubleshooting complicated circuits as you are wiring up a commercial distribution board?
Reach out to us with your application and motivation letter!
Minimum qualification: Diploma in Electrical and Electronics Engineering (Power Option)
Experience level: Mid level
Experience length: min. 5 years
Maintenance and Installation
• Troubleshooting, installation and repair of electrical and electronic equipment and powerlines.
• Responsible for Pre-emptive and Reactive Maintenance of Electrical Plant and systems.
• Conduct regular electrical inspections and develop inspection manuals and guidelines.
• Supervise and assist technical team in carrying out electrical installation work and powerline constructions
• Interpret, analyze and develop electrical schematics and/or diagrams
• Ensure conformance with quality, environmental, and safety requirements commensurate with executing required instrument maintenance or replacement activities
• Prepare maintenance plans and follow up on implementation
Systems and grid management
• Monitor power plants, minigrids and any other equipment to ensure optimal operation and reduction of unplanned downtime
• Review and interpret OEM manuals and other established guidelines e.g. Grid Codes to ensure that equipment and power systems are operated in accordance with statutory requirements
• Maintain records of maintenance and repair work; prepare reports, documentation, and correspondence
• Develop maintenance manuals, SOP’s, One Point Lessons for maintenance team to follow
Skills & requirements
- Diploma/Degree in Electrical and Electronics Engineering (Power Option)
- Experience in rural electrification and minigrids will be a strong advantage
- EPRA Licensing is a big plus!
- Atleast 3 years experience in leading a team/managerial experience
- Solid organizational skills, including multitasking and time-management
- Strong documentation management and teamwork skills
- You are collaborative, have excellent interpersonal and influential leadership skills
- You are self-motivated, well-organized, disciplined and follow through on the execution
- You work autonomously and have a strong delivery-oriented work ethic with the ability to meet competing demands and challenging timelines
- You have an eye for detail, are proactive and solution-oriented
- You are flexible, are comfortable with change and able to work in a less-structured environment
- You are reliable, deliver high quality work and demonstrate high personal integrity
- Fluency in English and Swahili is a must. Fluency in a local vernacular language will be beneficial
- Excellent computer skills (Advanced Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- An entrepreneurial and dynamic work environment
- Flexibility and autonomy to organize your work while meeting deliverables and deadlines
- Opportunity to grow along with the company
- Competitive salary