Kirinyaga University is a chartered government owned and established under the Universities Act No.42 of 2012. At present, the University runs degree programmes across five faculties; Health Sciences, Hospitality and Textile Technology, Pure and Applied Sciences, Business and Education and Engineering and Built Environment. The University, situated about 115 kilometers from Nairobi, is among the vibrant and fastest growing citadels of learning in Kenya.
NON ACADEMIC POSITIONS
Electrician Grade 5 1 Position KyU/NT/077/07/2021
14. ELECTRICIAN GRADE 5
Duties and Responsibilities
a) Assemble, install, test and maintain electrical or electronic wiring, equipment, appliances apparatus and fixtures.
b) Diagnose malfunctioning systems, apparatus and components.
c) Inspect electrical systems, equipment and components to identify hazards, defects and the need for adjustment or repair.
d) Test electrical systems and continuity of circuits in electrical wiring, equipment and fixtures, to ensure compatibility and safety of system.
e) Respond to all electrical emergencies in the University.
• KCSE C-(Minus)
• Diploma in Electrical Engineering from a recognized Institution.
• At least three (3) years working experience in Public sector or University set up
Terms and conditions of service
• Successful candidates will be offered a competitive remuneration package.
• Employment will be on Permanent and Pensionable terms except for Tutorial Fellows.
• Those with degrees from foreign universities should attach certificates of equation and recognition of qualifications from Kenya National Qualifications Authority.
• Applicants must meet requirements of Chapter Six of the Kenya Constitution, 2010
Mode of application
Applicants must submit five (5) copies of applications giving details of the educational and professional qualifications, age, detailed work experience, present post and salary, applicant’s telephone number and e-mail address. Enclose certified copies of certificates and testimonials giving names and addresses of three (3) referees who are knowledgeable about the applicant’s competence and areas of specialization, accompanied by a detailed curriculum vitae and a copy of most recent letter of appointment.
Interested applicants should send the applications to the undersigned, quoting the reference number for the job applied for so as to be received on or before 9th August, 2021.
THE VICE CHANCELLOR
P. O. BOX 143-10300
Kirinyaga University is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants of either gender, persons with disabilities and persons from marginalized communities are encouraged to apply. Only Shortlisted Candidates will be contacted.
KyU is ISO 9001:2015 certified
Kirinyaga University is Zero Tolerant to Corruption.