Laikipia University’s vision is to be a University for valued transformation of society with a mission to serve students and society through research, education, scholarship, training, outreach and consultancy. To effectively fulfill this core mandate, applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates to fill the above vacant position.
- Minimum Qualification:Certificate
- Experience Level:Mid level
- Experience Length:3 years
Vision : A University for Valued Transformation of Society
Mission: To serve students and society through research, education, scholarship, training, innovation, outreach and consultancy
Laikipia University is ISO 9001:2015 and ISO/IEC 27001:2013 Certified
OFFICE OF THE REGISTRAR
(ADMINISTRATION AND HUMAN CAPITAL)
Ref: LU/ADMIN/R (ADMIN)/132/EA/ 98 4th January, 2023
EXTERNAL ADVERTISEMENT FOR JOB VACANCY
Laikipia University is a Public Chartered University located 11 kms from Nyahururu Town along Nyahururu -Nakuru Road and 50 kms from Nakuru along Nakuru –Nyahururu road.
Job Title: Electrician II Grade AD 3 - One Post
Kes. 23,070 - Kes. 31,144 per month
Terms of Service
One year contract Renewable subject to satisfactory performance
Key Duties and Responsibilities
• Installation of wiring in new buildings.
• Repair and service of all types of electrical machines.
• Inspect all Distribution Boxes for safety purposes.
• Maintenance of electricity supply to University buildings/facilities.
• Any other duties as may be assigned by the immediate supervisor.
For appointment to this post, a candidate must;
i. Craft Certificate or Government Trade Test II
ii. Exemplary work performance with three (3) year experience as electrician III
Important information to all Applicants
Candidates will be required to satisfy the requirement of chapter 6 of the constitution of Kenya 2010 and must attach the following once they are shortlisted for interview.
• Certificate of good conduct from the Directorate of Criminal Investigation.
• Tax compliance certificate from KRA
• Clearance certificate from Higher Education Loans Board.
• Clearance certificate from CRB
• Self-declaration clearance certificate from Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission
• A soft copy of the application letter and the C.V. to be emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Canvassing directly or indirectly will result to disqualification.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested applicants should forward one (1) copy of application package, including updated curriculum vitae, giving details of the applicant's age, academic and professional qualifications, working experience, present post and salary, telephone contact, email address, names and addresses of three referees plus copies of certificates and testimonials. The reference number of the position applied should be clearly indicated on both application letter and the envelope.
Applications should be addressed to:-
The Deputy Vice-Chancellor (AF&P)
P.O. Box 1100-20300
NYAHURURU – KENYA
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Closing Date: Friday February 3rd, 2023.
Laikipia University is an equal opportunity employer, Youth, Women and Persons with disabilities, marginalized and minority communities are encouraged to apply.
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the BrighterMonday Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.
Get Insured through mTek Services
You can explore medical and personal accident insurance covers conveniently. Compare pricing from various insurance companies, save, and budgetGet Insured