We are a company dealing with electronic tax registers, CCTV systems, computers and other point of sale hardware. These machines are made up of printer heads, motherboards, processors, charging system, etc. Most of the above machines have firmware/software that sometimes need upgrading/re-installation.
Be able to design electronic components, and repair, install, service, and update existing electronic systems.
Demonstrate strong mechanical skills and enjoy performing tasks with your hands. Be able to use a wide range of resources to solve problems and feel comfortable working alone and in a team.
Strong analytical and problem-solving skills. Good hand-eye coordination and physical dexterity. Sound knowledge of health and safety regulations. Ability to remain calm under pressure.
Electronics Technician Responsibilities:
- Assembling, installing, repairing, troubleshooting, and maintaining electronic components and systems.
- Sourcing or fabricating replacement parts for electronic systems.
- Ensuring all power and manual tools are operated in accordance with health and safety regulations.
- Liaising with Supervisors and clients to discuss work schedules and time and material cost estimates.
- Providing training and supervision for new technicians and apprentices.
- Carrying out scheduled preventative maintenance and servicing equipment.
- Performing equipment demonstrations and drawing up training manuals wherever required.
- Interpreting drawings, training manuals, and instructions in order to perform duties.
- Following written, verbal, and telephonic instructions.
- Ability to remain calm under pressure.
- Excellent written, verbal, and telephonic communication skills.
- Great interpersonal skills.
- Passion for Electronics.
- Willingness to learn and accept constructive feedback.
Added knowledge on basic computer maintenance skills.
• Diagnose computer problems
• Install software and perform tests on computers, types of equipment and programs
• Set up computer equipment
• Assemble, test and maintain the above
machines and others to be introduced by the company.
• Offer support/training to other staff in handling newly introduced items.
• Keep the company required performance and maintenance records for the above items.
We are looking for a mature, sharp, self-driven who works with minimum supervision and has good communication skills as this position requires frequent interaction with clients;