We are looking to hire an experienced elevator mechanic/electrical supervisor. As an elevator supervisor, you will be required to oversee the installation of new elevators, perform routine maintenance, troubleshoot malfunctioning systems, repair or replace parts, and conduct safety tests.
To ensure success as an elevator supervisor, you should have advanced mechanical/electrical knowledge of elevator systems, good troubleshooting skills, and be able to work after hours if required. Ultimately, a top-class elevator mechanic/electrical installs, repairs, and maintains a client’s system with the least amount of downtime.
• Overseeing the installation of elevators, mechanical walkways, and escalators.
• Interpretation of drawings.
• Site surveys.
• Responding to mechanical failures and system malfunctions.
• Installing and testing electrical systems.
• Servicing and maintaining machine parts.
• Repairing or replacing system parts.
• Oiling and greasing moving parts.
• Carrying out safety checks.
• Maintaining stock and ordering supplies.
• Maintaining a clean working area.
• Minimum 5 years of experience in the elevator - escalator industry is a MUST
• Vocational Certificate/Diploma candidate from Mechanical and Electrical stream or equivalent
• University Degree is an added advantage.
• Good communication skills with basic IT skills
• Relevant mechanical certification.
• Advanced knowledge of elevator systems, mechanical walkways, and escalators.
• Ability to read and interpret blueprints.
• Ability to troubleshoot mechanical malfunctions.
• Physically fit and able to lift heavy objects.
• Ability to travel and work after hours when required.
• Ability to work independently.
• Good attention to detail
• Knowledge of lifting equipment
• Ability to spot problems and provide solutions
• Excellent knowledge of health and safety requirements
• Passion for machinery and the technical aspects of construction
• Able to pick up technical systems quickly
• High level of organization and commitment to your work
• In-depth understanding of general engineering.