• Assist in general administrative duties as instructed by the management team.
• Support administration and management of Embassy-funded programmes, including other the Embassy’s fellowship programmes.
• Assist in organising Embassy-hosted events and high-level visits
• Liaise with service providers.
• General clerical duties e.g. filing, photocopying, handling telephone calls, dealing with e-mails etc.
• Focal point for Information Technology and support. Helping to maintain the Embassy contact management system
• Supporting line managers and colleagues in executing their responsibilities.
• Providing back-up cover to colleagues as necessary.
• Administer the organization's overall communication strategy as directed by the Ambassador and senior management team.
• Writing and distribution of content to promote the Embassy’s activities and projects.
• Draft media briefings, answer media inquiries, plan media events and press conferences.
• Liaising with the media and acting as the media contact point for the Embassy.
• Management of the Embassy’s Social Media channels including Facebook, Twitter, Eventbrite, and regularly updating the Embassy’s website.
• Assisting in drafting correspondence to Governments of Kenya Sudan, Somalia, and Eritrea and to other parties as necessary.
• Coordinate the provision of protocol services between the Embassy and other embassies and authorities.
Others duties as required from time to time and directed by the Ambassador and line manager as necessary. This may include providing cover as necessary when other staff are absent.
Key skills and competencies required
• Highly-organised with strong administrative skills.
• Excellent communications, writing and reporting skills
• Fluency in English
• Strong inter-personal skills and ability to multi-task and work well in a team environment.
• Strong ICT skills.
• Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel)
• The successful candidate must have a legal entitlement to live and work in Kenya prior to recruitment.
• Previous experience in a similar role and/ or experience in a Diplomatic mission.
Terms and conditions
The successful candidate will be initially employed employed on a two-year contract. A probationary period of 6 months will apply.
Police security clearance and extensive reference checks will be sought for individuals who are considered for appointment.
All personal information received will be kept in line with GDPR guidelines.
Please note that canvassing will disqualify applicants
The Embassy is committed to a policy of Equal Opportunity.