POSITIONS IN THE DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH SERVICES
Duties & Responsibilities
1. Working in a basic life support unit as a patient attendant or an ambulance operator.
2. Assessing patients and establishing their emergency medical care needs.
3. Planning and implementing care interventions.
4. Administration of authorized medication to provide better outcomes.
5. Ensuring a tidy and safe clinical environment and ensuring safe custody of patients’ belongings.
6. Maintaining and evaluating healthcare outcomes on patients and preparing individualized reports.
7. Documenting patients care report while on transit.
8. Attending to distress calls, giving pre hospital instructions and reassuring the caller.
9. Taking vital information’s from caller and relaying it to the crews for preparation.
10. Planning of strategic location of ambulances.
11. Documenting patient’s daily data and generating annual statistics
Requirement for appointment
Certificate of Secondary Education (KCSE) mean grade D+(plus), with at
least a C- (minus) in Biology or Chemistry and a D in English or
Kiswahili as well as a valid First Aid certificate or equivalent
2. Diploma/certificate of completion in any of the following areas:
Emergency Medical Technician-Basic Course;
Emergency Vehicle Operations Course;
Emergency Medical Dispatch Course;
Emergency Medical Responder / First Responder Course or any other equivalent qualification from a recognized training institution; and
3. Certificate in Computer Application Skills from a recognized institution.
4. Certification by the Kenya Council of Emergency Medical Technicians
5. Satisfy the requirement of chapter six of the constitution of Kenya
IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO ALL APPLICANTS
I) Applicants MUST attach copies of CV's, academic and professional certificates.
II) Applicants MUST attach a valid Practicing License
III) Current clearance certificates from CID, HELB, EACC and KRA
IV) Confirmation of Kenyan citizenship (National Identity Card).
V) Indicate sub-county and ward of residence.
VI) Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
VII) Canvassing directly or indirectly will result to disqualification.
VIII) Gender, ethnicity, disability and regional balance considerations will be applied in the process.
Owing to the Prevailing current global and national situation, citizens are advised to apply online by filling an Online Application Form. Details of Job Description and specifications can be accessed in our website at: www.psbmombasa.go.ke
Please note only shortlisted candidates will be contacted through our official lines indicated on this advertisement.
The Mombasa County Government is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Keep on checking our website for Job opportunities
Stay safe #KomeshaCorona