End-Term Evaluation Consultancy for a Drought Response Inclusion Project at Christian Blind Mission
Consulting & Strategy
Demonstrated track record of carrying out similar type of evaluations.
- Minimum Qualification:Bachelor
- Experience Level:Mid level
- Experience Length:4 years
Purpose and Deliverables
The purpose of this consultancy is to conduct a comprehensive evaluation of the program activities and results and to assess the achievements in line with initially defined objectives, while generating key lessons in the Inclusive Humanitarian Action theme.
The evaluation will also consider the partnership approach, and compliance of the project with the Core Humanitarian Standard (CHS) and the Humanitarian Inclusion Standards (HIS), providing recommendations to support organizational learning and future programming, and building on the previously done Real Time Evaluation done in 2022.
At a minimum the evaluation will explore:
- The overall performance of the response with reference to its respective strategy, objectives and quantitative and qualitative indicators defined by the project document and the implementation arrangements.
- In line with the DAC Criteria, Relevance, Effectiveness, Efficiency, coherence, Impact and Sustainability of the project.
- The coordination of the response, both internally, between CBM and KRCS, and externally, with other humanitarian actors and county governments, and within the humanitarian system.
- The inclusiveness and accessibility of the response for persons with disabilities and older persons
- How the response ensures accountability to affected people, in particular (but not exclusively) with regard to the strengthening of local capacity, the avoidance of negative effects and the effectiveness of communication, participation and feedback.
- Capture learnings from the evaluation process to inform further improvements of humanitarian work of CBM Global Federation and its partners.
- The evaluation will cover the entire Drought Inclusion project from April 2022 to April 2023 (project activities still running), covering Meru, Tharaka Nithi and Turkana Counties.
- It will cover project documents including design documents, activity, narrative and financial reports, and the video documentation captured during the project, among other project documents.
Timeframe and duration
- This consultancy is anticipated to cover between 25-28 days, starting in May 2023 and be closed by early June 2023 when the final report should be shared. It will include an inception meeting, visits to the three project sites, visit to the implementing partner organization Kenya Red Cross Society, and to CBM Global Kenya Office, a validation meeting to present the draft findings, before submission of the final report and relevant attachments. A reflection session, which would involve other members of the CBM Global Humanitarian Management team and KRCS team would also be facilitated.
- An inception report will be produced by the consultant, along with the relevant data collection tools, and shared with and approved by the Manager prior to the kick off of the field data collection.
- A final report, which is fully accessible, will be produced and finalized following the validation meeting.
- A validation meeting and reflection session will be conducted, and associated presentations shared with CBM Global.
Place/ location of service delivered
- This is an evaluation to be carried out in Kenya, with largely remote work, but with meetings in Nairobi, and field travels to Meru, Tharaka Nithi and Turkana Counties.
Required Expert Profile
Key qualifications required to perform this consultancy include:
- Demonstrated track record of carrying out similar type of evaluations.
- Experience in working with multi-stakeholder partnerships.
- Familiarity with the Humanitarian Inclusion Standards (HIS) and Core Humanitarian Standard on Quality and Accountability (CHS).
- Experience in designing participatory and inclusive evaluation methodologies.
- Work experience in at least one of the three target counties.
- Good intercultural skills and experience.
- Fluent in English and Kiswahili.
- Consideration of Sign Language in evaluation team.
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the BrighterMonday Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.
Get Insured through mTek Services
You can explore medical and personal accident insurance covers conveniently. Compare pricing from various insurance companies, save, and budgetGet Insured