Reporting to: Team Leader- BSS & Access Network
Business Unit Technology Division
Who We Are
Telkom connects the people that keep Kenya on the move. It does this by providing integrated telecommunications solutions to individuals, Small and Medium-sized Enterprises (SMEs), Government and large corporates in Kenya, drawing from a diverse solutions suite that includes voice, data, mobile money as well as network services. Powered by its vast Fiber optic infrastructure, it is also a major provider of wholesale, carrier-to-carrier traffic within the country and the region.
The job holder will be responsible for the operations and maintenance of the Base Station Subsystem Network (BSCs and RNCs), Microwave (MW) and MSANs performances, i.e. including CPU and memory usage, Software and radio resources on all technologies.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
• Management of configurations on 3G,2G and 4G (New sites Configs.) including Neighbour definitions, synchronization
• Preparation and successful implementation of Technical Specifications, Method of Procedures and Change Requests
• Provision, upgrade and cessation of circuits as per direction from accounts department
• Weekly KPI Reporting on Network Performance not limiting to Balance Score Card KPIs
• Updates on network documentations, i.e network topology, network inventory, spares inventory
• Service KPIs and network performance management
• Configuration changes through Network Change Management process i.e. software upgrade, site re-homing, signaling links, IU interfaces, Abis interfaces, Gb interfaces, traffic distribution…….etc
• Manage faults/incidents through network faults/incident management processes for both network and customer.
Academic Background and Professional Knowledge
• Bachelor’s degree in Telecommunications, Electrical Engineering or equivalent from a reputable institution;
• Possess CCNA certification
• 2 years’ experience in the operation and maintenance of telecommunications networks including: BSS/RAN, Enterprise Access Network (MSANs), Last mile Microwave System
• Technical trainings on BSC and BTS site equipment and software that are to be used to access and work on site equipment
• Extensive knowledge of equipment and software characteristics of various telecommunications networks and their integration capabilities.
Here are the Skills we are looking for
• Thorough telecommunications network operation and maintenance (mobile and landline) methods and procedures, as well as computer software systems associated with such networks.
• Be proactive and self-drive
• Must be able to work without supervision and meet all deadlines
• Good communication skills, Creative thinker, Team Player & have ability to prioritize and execute tasks
• Must be Result-oriented, Taking initiatives & have great analytical skills
How to Apply:
Application should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org by providing an updated Curriculum Vitae (CV) before 30th November 2020 including details of your current telephone contacts and names of three referees.
Please note, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Telkom Kenya is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to tribe, religion, gender, age or disability.