Org. Setting and Reporting Responsibilities
• Executes surveys and measurements for existing and new buildings and infrastructure project components, produces cost estimates, bills of quantities and schedules of rates to support client review and decision making, tender preparation and formal bid out of builders, structural, civil mechanical, electrical and plumbing related works.
• Develops technical costs related data regarding materials, sizes, dimensions, and quantities and costs to be incorporated in formal project tender documents.
• Estimates costs for construction of new and refurbishment of existing buildings, facilities and infrastructure systems to determine the feasibility of construction, repairs or replacement.
• Liaises with other engineers and facilities/ construction specialists responsible for related specialized phases to arrive at mutually satisfactory approaches to problems by exchanging and comparing costs related data.
• Conducts investigations to support preparation of cost estimates related to improved designs and construction techniques.
• Produces cost data and estimates on engineering-related requirements of current and planned facilities and construction project related activities, as well as furniture, fittings and equipment.
• Analyzes project proposals, contractors valuations, quotations, claims for payment, and construction change order/ variation requests to ensure completeness, technical feasibility, cost efficiency, market equivalence and to ensure that project objectives are attainable within prescribed resources.
• Conducts research on new technical systems to facilitate cost estimation, to identify and support implementation of improved methods and equipment, including the evaluation of product and equipment lifecycle related costs (construction and maintenance).
• Records, manage and control project costs to ensure completion within budget, time and quality standards.
• Collects and analyzes data to identify trends or patterns and provide insights through graphs, charts, tables and reports using data visualization methods to enable data-driven planning, decision-making, presentation and reporting.
• Performs any other related duties as required.
Advanced university degree (Master’s degree or equivalent) in quantity surveying, construction cost planner, civil, mechanical or electrical engineering, architecture, facilities management or other related field is required. A first-level university degree in combination with two additional years of qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
Professional certification and registration with relevant field related professional institutes is desirable.
Successful completion of both degree and non-degree programs in data analytics, business analytics or data science programs is desirable.
A minimum of five years of progressively responsible experience in quantity surveying, construction cost planner, civil, mechanical or electrical engineering, architecture, facilities management or related area is required.
Experience in project preparation (including tender documentation, scope of requirement, cost estimates, bills of quantities, schedules of rates, technical specifications) and project implementation and supervision (including construction contract administration, payment valuations, variations), is required.
Proficiency in AutoCAD (or Revit) is required.
Experience working in the UN systems or other international organisations on capital construction or facilities management related projects is desirable.
Two (2) years or more of experience in data analytics or related area is desirable
English and French are the working languages of the United Nations Secretariat. For the post advertised, fluency in English is required. Knowledge of French is desirable. Knowledge of another official United Nations language is desirable.
NOTE: "Fluency equals a rating of "fluent" in all four areas (read, write, speak, understand) and " Knowledge of equals a rating of' confident" in two of the four areas.
Evaluation of qualified candidates may include an assessment exercise which may be followed by competency-based interview.
Special Notice United Nations Considerations No Fee
THE UNITED NATIONS DOES NOT CHARGE A FEE AT ANY STAGE OF THE RECRUITMENT PROCESS (APPLICATION, INTERVIEW MEETING, PROCESSING, OR TRAINING). THE UNITED NATIONS DOES NOT CONCERN ITSELF WITH INFORMATION ON APPLICANTS’ BANK ACCOUNTS.
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the BrighterMonday Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.
Get Insured through mTek Services
You can explore medical and personal accident insurance covers conveniently. Compare pricing from various insurance companies, save, and budgetGet Insured