Reporting to the Credit Operations Manager the job holder will be responsible for building, managing, supervising, monitoring and reporting on a credit portfolio or loan book within an assigned specific area of operations. She / He will primarily be involved with small scale entrepreneurs in agribusiness, communities and local leaders in relation to provision of credit facilities and financial services and agribusiness extension support. She / He will possess good community mobilization skills and ability to work closely with local farmers and stakeholders. Additionally she/he will provide clients with advice in Agribusiness, Marketing, Agro-processing, Post-harvest handling, Enterprise Development, Business Development Services and business Linkages with emphasis on increasing profitability of agribusiness income generation opportunities.
- Minimum Qualification: Diploma
- Experience Level: Mid level
- Experience Length: 2 years
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Proactively outreach, promote and market the organization’s services and products within the assigned
communities/areas of operations focusing on potential small scale farmers.
2. Identify and solve clients’ needs by offering available products and identifying new products as per client
3. Initiate process of potential client identification; recruitment; selection and screening of those who meet
basic credit facilities eligibility criteria.
4. Provide credit education to potential clients by giving pertinent information on the credit facilities
products/services available; policies/procedures; terms and conditions and the pros cons of borrowing
and repaying credit provided.
5. Document potential clients’ enquiries details and relevant information in a register to facilitate any follow
up actions as appropriate.
6. Receive loan applications and facilitate loan appraisal, processing and disbursement.
7. Provide after care credit facilities services and follow up credit repayments, collections and recovery of
bad debts as appropriate.
8. Monitor the credit portfolio performance on a weekly basis, follow up clients, ensure proper utilization of
disbursed funds and prepare pertinent reports to the supervisor.
9. Provide agricultural extension services and advise on value chains related to agricultural
products/horticultural products and livestock
10. .Attend monthly staff meetings for reporting, information sharing and feedback.
11. Enhance networking with all stakeholders including County Government officials.
12. Undertake any other duties assigned by the Management.
1) Diploma or a first degree in Agriculture, Agribusiness, Cooperative Management /Business
2) C+ and above in “O” Level
3) Three or more years experience successfully promoting increased production and marketing of
agriculture products and promoting improved crop and animal production practices.
4) Three or more years of agricultural extension experience and coordination of development programs
with some experience in farmer cooperatives agricultural credit.
5) Two years working experience in a busy Micro Finance office.
6) Age below 30 years
7) Passion for development of the agricultural sector and entrepreneurship with a high level of integrity.
8) Good knowledge in Ms Computer Packages
9) Team player with excellent communication skills
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the BrighterMonday Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.