Professional certification as a Health &Safety; practitioner highly desirable. 1+ years’ experience in the same capacity or higher highly desirable.
- Minimum Qualification:Bachelor
- Experience Level:Mid level
- Experience Length:3 years
- A Certificate in a relevant field.
- Professional certification as a Health &Safety practitioner highly desirable.
- 1+ years’ experience in the same capacity or higher highly desirable.
- Deep understanding of Occupational Health and Safety regulations/legislations.
- Experience in organizing and delivering training on Health and Safety.
- Demonstrate knowledge of, and experience with, laws dealing with government and/or commercial contract administration, particularly contract negotiation, preparation and administration.
- Must have over at least one year of experience a similar role
- Experience in ISO implementation, audits & in-depth training methodologies
- DOSH and NEMA Certification will be an added advantage
- Plans, implements, and oversees the company safety and maintenance program; coordinates and assists with Occupational Health and Safety committee.
- Plans and implements programs to train supervisors and employees to meet standards and to enhance the company safety culture.
- Ensures statutory and regulatory compliance related to EHS are maintained.
- Plan and Carry out external and internal audits for Environment, Health and safety.
- Ensure that all employees at BIP have proper PPEs required for the JOB and initiate requisition of PPEs for new employees.
- Ensure adequate fire fighting equipment is provided at each GEMBA.
- Inspects organization facilities (safety audits) to detect existing or potential incident and health hazards, determines corrective or preventative measures where indicated, and follows up to ensure measures have been implemented.
- Assists with the company’s contractor safety program.
- Establish emergency response procedure to environmental, structural, and employee incidents.
- Assists with the investigation of all incidents and injuries from initial report to closure.
- Assists with new employee safety orientation program and employee safety training.
- Coordinating injury follow up by assisting in first aid administration, organizing for medical attention for casualties and patients; and working closely with the Human Resource and Insurance Departments concerning the work injury cases.
- Carrying out employee and visitor EMS and OHSMS induction and creating awareness to all employees on key areas.
- Verifies conformance of finished work-piece to specifications, using measuring and inspection tools and doing a follow up to ensure non-conforming situations are corrected within stipulated time.
- Identifying hazards in the different Gembas and providing solutions in relation to Unsafe Acts, Unsafe Conditions and Near miss situations through routine checks.
- Working closely with the supervisor in coordinating periodic medical examinations for food handlers and chemical substance handlers from the different sections respectively.
- Confers with engineers, production personnel and supervisors among others to resolve issues related to machinery safety and providing solutions.
- Maintain a clean and organized work area as well as ensuring that Kaizen principles are followed in achieving its objectives within the department.
- Maintain a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner so that you get along with customers, clients, co-workers and management.
- Ensure that Safe Operating Procedures and practices are followed and adhered to.
- Attending Safety committee meetings and taking minutes for the same as well as attending monthly review meetings.
- Participating in carrying out of internal audits and Assisting in coordinating external audits and doing a follow up activity.
- Participating in injury investigation to determine root cause and provide corrective and preventive actions for each case.
- Coordinate PPE requisition, issuance, and replacement of stolen and expired items and keeping records for the same.
- Oversee the quality of treated water discharged into the sewer line from the effluent treatment plant by co-ordinating with plant technicians and chemists.
- Co-ordinate with local counties, governments and agencies and get required approvals and licences for BIP.
- Ensure all waste is disposed off properly and hygienically.
- Ensure standards of cleanliness, proper sanitation and hygiene in the plant
- Ensure all laid down COVID -19 protocols are being followed within the entire BIP premises
- Ensure effective hazard communication through placement of adequate signages within BIP
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the BrighterMonday Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.
Get Insured through mTek Services
You can explore medical and personal accident insurance covers conveniently. Compare pricing from various insurance companies, save, and budgetGet Insured