Victory Farms Kenya:
Victory Farms aims to be the most sustainable fish farm on the planet whilst it scales to feed 2 billion Africans in the coming 2 decades. Currently, VF is sub-Saharan Africa’s fastest growing fish farm, and the largest Fish Farm in East Africa. We have operations on the Kenyan side of Lake Victoria and distribution capacity throughout Kenya. The Company has the highest standards for performance, execution, culture, and integrity, with best-in-class talent from across the globe.
Environment, Social & Governance (ESG) Manager (located 70% Nairobi, 30% travel)
Duties & responsibilities:
In this role, you will be a key member within the Victory Farms Partnerships Department, where the roles and responsibilities are as below but not limited to:
• Act as a thought-partner with senior management to help devise programs, processes and partnerships which enable the company to become the most sustainable aquaculture company in the world.
• Take leadership role in ensuring VF pushes an aggressive environmental and sustainability agenda, which entails implementing existing cradle-to-grave projects, creating new ones, and ensuring environmental compliance.
• To work with the Senior Management to ensure Victory Farm’s policies, procedures and templates for identifying, managing and monitoring ESG issues are implemented across the organisation.
• To provide ESG reviews for the company, giving feedback and guidance to ensure that it meets Victory Farm’s policies and procedures.
• To manage the engagement and relationship with of external parties and investors with regard to ESG and sustainability matters.
• Focus in particular on energy/carbon, and outline and implement the path for VF to go carbon negative.
• To undertake company-wide reviews of existing polices to ensure adherence to local laws as well as relevant international standards, and to ensure relevant guidance is in place.
• To ensure all guidance documents and lessons learnt are shared through the organisation on a regular basis, with ongoing trainings.
• Work with senior management to ensure VF ESG values are being “lived” and are translated throughout the teams.
• Work closely with HR in ensuring the welfare of VF staff, keeping employee engagement strong and develop staff through trainings, etc
What we are looking for:
• Experienced ESG & sustainability management capabilities, proven track record of managing ESG across multiple business functions in a challenging geography.
• Appreciation for and understanding of ESG matters within a fast growing commercial operation.
• Understanding of aquaculture is a plus, but not required; understanding of agriculture, food processing, or other similar industry is important.
• Minimum of degree level in a related field.
• A strong background (5+ years) in sustainability issues, ideally in the agribusiness sector.
• Strong computer and communication skills, especially written communication, including proven experience of ESG and sustainability reporting.
● Location: Nairobi (70%), Western Kenya (30%).
● Status: Full time.
● Salary: Competitive, based on experience