Responsible for performing and initiating all activities in support of environmental health and safety initiatives, New Employee Orientation and Quality Management System training; ensuring effective and efficient compliance with local, state and federal regulations and agencies, managing facility safety processes to protect employees, company, the environment, and provide a safe and healthy work place.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
· Continually improve, evaluate, implement and maintain health, safety and environmental policies and procedures to protect employees and comply with company, state, federal and local regulations.
· Plan, schedule, coordinate and conduct safety, orientation and quality training. Identify, further develop and deliver training programs in a manner that raises employee’s awareness and enables employees and supervisors to work safely.
· Maintain relevant EHS logs and documentation.
· Develop and administer plant safety and environmental initiatives and lead continuous improvement efforts in those areas, utilizing effective communication skills (verbal and written).Ensures daily, weekly, monthly and annual inspections and audits are completed as necessary to comply with local, state and federal regulations.
· Enforce compliance of regulatory requirements (OSHA, DOSH,NITA etc.) including company EHS policies and procedures.
· Conduct regular unannounced walk through of work areas and talk to the personnel to identify their concerns. Communicate safety and health issues to the workers in a manner to help them understand why they are important and addressing them is for their benefit.
· Assist in emergency response and provide first aid guidance.
· Manage facility workplace incident investigations to include responding to and reporting all incidents, incident investigations, determine root cause, establishing recurrence prevention plans, and follow through. Recognize and reward input from employees that improve safety and health in the work place. Develop Job Hazard Analysis (JHA).
· Perform technical writing, SOP creation and document control duties as required by Quality Manager.
· Keep updated of safety and environmental regulation changes that affect the organization.
SKILLS and ABILITIES
· Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
· Problem Solving/Analysis.
· Provide solutions to safety and health issues in a wide variety of areas.
· Demonstrate successful leadership and guidance of health, safety management and interaction with all levels of management.
· Comprehensive understanding of Quality Management System, environmental, health and safety management practices, principles and procedures.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE
· Two to three years or more years’ experience in an Environmental, Health and Safety position in a manufacturing/Processing/service environment required.
· BS degree in EH and S discipline or equivalent preferred.
· Computer literate, Microsoft Office applications and ERP system.
Kindly send your resume and a cover letter quoting the role ‘EHSQ - Admin’ by 5:00 pm 10th June, 2020.