The ER Medical Biller plays a vital role in the connection between health care providers, patients, and insurance companies.
The responsibilities of an ER Medical Biller include:
MAJOR AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
• Receiving and sorting incoming payments with attention to credibility
• Managing the status of accounts and balances and identifying inconsistencies
• Checking the validity of debit accounts
• Checking each insurance payment for accuracy and compliance with contract discount
• Providing detailed management reports that assist in practice management
• Staying up to date on current billing regulations
• Updating accounts receivable database with new accounts or missed payments
• Reviewing patient bills for accuracy and completeness and obtaining any missing information.
• Setting up patient payment plans and work collection accounts.
• Updating cash spreadsheets and running collection reports.
• Calling insurance companies regarding any discrepancy in payments if necessary
• Providing solutions to any relative problems of clients
• Writing thorough reports on billing activity with clear and reliable data
• Minimum of bachelor’s degree in accounting or similar…
• 3 years of work experience
• Computer skills
• Fluent in English