The ERP Application Support Analyst will work with other Engineers and Business Analysts to understand business’ processes, suggest improvements to existing ERP & other Enterprise Systems, and map business requirements as best as possible.
The role holder will act as the liaison between Business & IT, and is 2nd escalation level point of contact in the event of enterprise system issues. When matters are escalated by the L1 Support team, the role holder will be required to communicate directly with users of the system.
The role holder will support the section in meeting its responsibility for system administration including continued support, integration of applications, project management, configuration, reporting and more once the enterprise systems are successfully implemented. The role holder will also champion reengineering of business process flows with a bias to eliminate non-value add (manual) processes, to achieve IT set objectives.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Carry out 2nd line support for the following activities in relation to the applicable enterprise systems (including but not necessarily limited to: ERP, Hyperion & FAMs).
- Assist business partners in creating business cases and project request documents, collaborating with Project Managers and software development teams to: - Produce initial estimates of effort - Identify potential solution options
- Provide 2nd line support in addressing business issues for systems that fall under their responsibility.
- Facilitate business requirement gathering and analysis once the project moves from plan to execute.
- Ensure 95% of all tickets raised are responded to within the agreed SLAs and OALs.
- Respond to enterprise application queries around system processes, clarifying business system specifications, understanding user work practices and the nature of the business.
- Designing, testing, installing and monitoring enterprise application systems in scope.
- Working with business users and the project team to define the scope of enterprise application projects.
- Defining software, hardware and network requirements in conjunction with the relevant stakeholders.
- Developing agreed solutions and implementing new application changes in conjunction with the relevant stakeholders.
- Provide essential input as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) to any business systems issues.
- Provide essential input as an SME to business product-altering project initiation documents, including their objectives, scope, approach, and expected deliverables.
- Work with the Information/Data, Application and Technical Architects to develop the target state business process model; adhere closely to the corporate vision as well as to the business and technology strategy, in order to: - Understand business products, business strategies and customer usage of products. - Prepare business architecture deliverables based on analysis produced by business and technology teams describing key functional and non-functional requirements.
- Work with the business relationship manager and change management team to analyze and communicate organizational impact and potential change management issues of proposed business architectures to relevant stakeholders.
- Participate in planning sessions with Project Managers and development team members.
- Develop flow charts, functional diagrams and descriptions to communicate application process specifications, as required.
- Translate business scenarios provided by Business into system specifications.
- Document and adhere to change management process.
- Provide SME expertise in the maintenance of relevant system interfaces
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Business, Finance or Accounting.
- Minimum 2-4 Proven hands-on experience in Oracle EBS Release 12.
- Work experience in translating business problems into analytical framework, developing analytical plans for answering complex problems and delivering analytical insights.
- Functional Oracle certification in Oracle EBS modules such as General Ledger, Fixed Assets, Payables, Inventory, Procurement and HR
- Certification in Oracle Essbase, Business Intelligence or Database Management and Project Management (e.g. Prince 2® / PMP or equivalent) will be an added advantage.