DIRECTORATE OF FIELD SERVICES AND COORDINATION
Ethics Officer II – Ethics Compliance (1 POST), JOB GRADE – EACC “8”, REF: EACC/FSC/EOII-EC/31
Reporting to Regional Manager through the Deputy Regional Manager, the job holder is responsible for investigation of ethical violations, ethics enforcement and promotion of good governance in the public sector through law enforcement of Chapter 6 of the Constitution and the Leadership and Integrity Act 2012.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Analysing complaints on breaches of codes of conduct and ethics in relation to state and public officers;
• Conducting investigations on breaches and violations of Chapter Six of the Constitution and codes of conduct by state and public officers;
• Compiling investigation reports;
• Recommending appropriate action against state and public officers for breach of Chapter 6 of the Constitution of Kenya;
• Initiating referrals to Responsible Commissions as provided under the law;
• Undertaking integrity verification under Chapter Six and relevant integrity laws;
• Initiating in House Alternative Dispute Resolution on ethics matters;
• Supporting cases in court;
• Preparing advisories and cautions on ethics and leadership compliance;
• Offering technical advice on Chapter Six, LIA and relevant laws on ethics and integrity;
• Preparing periodic performance reports and correspondence;
Requirements for Appointment
For appointment to this position, a candidate must have:
• Minimum relevant work experience of five (5) years, two (2) of which should be in law enforcement or ethics compliance;
• Bachelor’s degree in any of the following disciplines: Public Administration, Law, Governance, Sociology, Audit, Accounting, Finance, Business Administration, or any other Social Science degree from a recognised university;
• Certificate in any of the following courses will be an added advantage: governance, ethics and integrity, basic investigations, fraud investigations or criminal investigations from a recognised institution;
• Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education (KCSE) minimum Grade C+ or equivalent from a recognised institution;
• Investigative interviewing skills;
• Knowledge of investigative report writing;
• Relevant postgraduate certification;
• Relevant professional qualifications;
• Analytical, communication and interpersonal skills;
• Certificate in computer application skills;
• Demonstrated integrity and professional competence as reflected in work performance and results.
In addition to the qualifications set above applicants must further obtain clearances from the following:
• Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission (EACC)
• Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA)
• Directorate of Criminal Investigation (DCI)
• Higher Education Loans Board (HELB)
• Registration and good standing in relevant Professional Bodies
Interested candidates who meet the set criteria should complete EACC Form 1 online from https://jobs.integrity.go.ke and attach copies of ID, CV, academic/ professional certificates (certified by the issuing institution), clearances and testimonials.
All applications must be made online and will be acknowledged via an email. Only shortlisted candidates will be invited for interview.
To be considered applications should be received not later than Tuesday, 29th December, 2020 at 5.00pm.
Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification