- -Come up with a strategy for sourcing profitable events.
- -Event planning, design and production while managing delivery elements within time limits.
- -Smoothly continue the implementation of the Events marketing plan, using relevant elements of the marketing mix.
- -Manage the Events website and social media channels with due regard for the College and Events brand guidelines and strategic direction.
- -Ensure all events promote the brand and increase productivity; communicate and define the company brand.
- -Assist to develop and produce promotional materials, including writing and liaising with other departments, agencies and suppliers
- -Conduct market research, identify event opportunities and negotiate contracts prior to closing any deals.
- -Working with clients to identify their needs and ensure customer satisfaction.
- -Drive first-class customer service and a process of continuous improvement through feedback collation and distribution, agreed action plans and i--improved communications across the Events department.
- -Organize facilities and details such as decor, expo, promotions and market Activations.
- -Generate a calendar of all daily, weekly and monthly events and bookings in the facility.
- -Liaise with Digital Media and PR teams to promote and publicize events.
- -Provide feedback and periodic reports to facility management.
- -Conduct pre- and post – event evaluations and report on outcomes.
- -Propose ideas to improve provided services and events quality.
- -Perform other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
- *Degree or diploma in Event Management, Marketing, Public Relations, Communication or equivalent from a recognized institution.
- *At least 1 year experience as an events planner or organizer with an ability to do décor, marketing, implementing plans and strategies.
- *Impressive portfolio of previously managed events (weddings, meetings, parties, corporate events).
- *Ability to prioritize workload to ensure that events and marketing responsibilities are fulfilled when working within a busy team environment.
Ability and skills required
- -Efficient and calm when working under pressure on a variety of tasks simultaneously, to tight deadlines.
- -Excellent written and verbal communications skills, including accurate use of English and the ability to proof materials for sense and accuracy.
- -Ability to proactively identify and exploit opportunities to promote facilities and services as they arise.
- -Ability to work well independently and to contribute as part of a team, with a supportive attitude to colleagues.
- -Willingness to work outside of normal office hours on occasion when required.
- -Excellent IT Literacy is required.
- -Sales skills and ability to build productive business relationships.
- -Excellent time management, negotiation and communication skills.
- -Should be creative, presentable with excellent customer service skills.
- -Willing to manage references from previous clients.
- -Integrity and a team player.