Essential Job Responsibilities/Duties/Tasks
Event Sales Duties
• Presenting and Selling available and suitable banquet / event options to the highest possible standard.
• Ensure the complete administration and execution of all planned events.
• Keeping up with correspondence and have accountable response times.
• Monitoring and tracking of clients requesting information.
• Identify need periods and undertake comprehensive program of sales activity to secure new and adhoc business minimizing the impact of low activity periods.
• Negotiate space, dates and rates to obtain booking goal while focusing on shoulder and off season business.
• Continuation of customer service standards.
• Direct contact with current and future clients/Planning events in conjunction with the client.
• Assist in development and solicitation of Banquet and event package plans and aimed at conference business and encourage repeat business.
• Communication with management teams on any needs or areas of concern that may affect other departments.
• Receiving, handling and converting Meetings, Events and Group enquiries.
• Attend trade and travel shows of various market area for promoting event business.
• Continue professional development through educational offering made via industry trade groups and educational institutions.
• Encouraging repeat business through excellent customer service and inquiry handling/Build strong relationships with customers to fully understand their needs.
• Each month review the next 6 months availability to highlight high or low demand dates and take steps to minimize the risk of any shortfall.
• Ensuring all inquiries are recorded accurately in the Event Enquiry application.
• Bring in direct guests though online marketing and advertising.
• Helping the business to identify new avenues of business and bring in more banquet events to the business.
• Other duties and tasks assigned by the management within the job scope.
• Must have good computer/IT skills
1. At least form 4 level education.
2. Certificate/diploma/degree in events management, hospitality, sales, customer service or in a related field.
3. At least 1-3 years of experience in a formal organization.
4. 1-3 years experience in an events company or a closely related industry. This is critical.
5. Hands-on experience in event operations for 1-3 years.
6. Ability/experience to manage other staff.
7. A valid Driving license is an added advantage.
8. Salary budget 25 - 30K plus commission.