We are an events company located in Nairobi, Yaya center, specializing in individual events I.e. weeding, kids’ birthday party, graduations etc. and Corporates events i.e, product launches, conferences etc. We seek to hire sales executives who will be responsible for the maintenance and flow of the sales department and all systems included as well as be responsible for the planning and execution of event driven marketing initiatives. As an event sale associates you will be responsible for overseeing the sales inquiries for all properties and for ensuring all standards are being met by providing accurate and accountable information to potential clients, including spearheading the planning and execution of 3rd party events.
Essential Job Responsibilities/Duties/Tasks
Event Sales Duties
• Presenting and Selling available and suitable banquet / event options to the highest possible standard.
• Ensure the complete administration and execution of all planned events.
• Keeping up with correspondence and have accountable response times.
• Monitoring and tracking of clients requesting information.
• Identify need periods and undertake comprehensive program of sales activity to secure new and adhoc business minimizing the impact of low activity periods.
• Negotiate space, dates and rates to obtain booking goal while focusing on shoulder and off season business.
• Continuation of customer service standards.
• Direct contact with current and future clients/Planning events in conjunction with the client.
• Assist in development and solicitation of Banquet and event package plans and aimed at conference business and encourage repeat business.
• Communication with management teams on any needs or areas of concern that may affect other departments.
• Receiving, handling and converting Meetings, Events and Group enquiries.
• Attend trade and travel shows of various market area for promoting event business.
• Continue professional development through educational offering made via industry trade groups and educational institutions.
• Encouraging repeat business through excellent customer service and inquiry handling/Build strong relationships with customers to fully understand their needs.
• Each month review the next 6 months availability to highlight high or low demand dates and take steps to minimize the risk of any shortfall.
• Ensuring all inquiries are recorded accurately in the Event Enquiry application.
• Bring in direct guests though online marketing and advertising.
• Helping the business to identify new avenues of business and bring in more banquet events to the business.
• Other duties and tasks assigned by the management within the job scope.
• BA/BSc degree/Diploma in or related field.
• A minimum of 3 years work experience as an events sale’s executive.
• Must be 25 years of age and above.
• Proven track record of hitting sales KPIs
• Excellent face to face interpersonal, communication and presentation skills, including ability to build relationships with a wide range of actual and potential customers and handle basic negotiations or conflict.
• Commercially aware and customer focused.
• Good planning, time management and organizational skills, including ability to deliver to multiple priorities whilst retaining thorough attention to detail
Knowledge & Expertise
• Knowledge of and expertise in wedding and/or commercial event organization.
• Expertise in sales and meeting revenue targets
• Expertise in marketing practices in the field of commercial event management.
• Knowledge of public event organization and marketing.
• Excellent administration skills.
• High level of numeracy and literacy.
• Good understanding and appreciation of cultural diversity as will be working with people from all parts of the world
• Excellent understanding of and commitment to high quality customer service.
• Understanding of health and safety and how these apply within a visitor and events environment