● Assists the CEO with daily administrative duties and completes a broad variety of administrative tasks that include managing an active calendar of appointments; completing expense reports; composing and preparing correspondence; arranging complex and detailed travel plans, itineraries and agendas, taking minutes and proceedings of important meetings where required and compiling documents for meetings.
● Communicates with the general staff on the CEO’s behalf and coordinates logistics with high-level meetings both internally and externally.
● Set up external appointments with prospective clients and attend these external meetings on behalf of the CEO when not in the country.
● Assist in business development and solutions for the organization.
● Drafts reports, Service Level Agreements (SLA), letters, proposals, prepares and coordinates oral and written communication with donors and prospects.
● Engage in strategic meetings and resolutions.
● Ensure adequate follow-through on every strategic meeting the CEO attends with any staff member and ensure people responsible for each of these tasks meet those deadlines then discuss the ongoing projects with the CEO as it pertains to bottlenecks in system, delays or deadline extensions.
● Engage in financial reviews and budgeting.
● Devising and maintaining office systems and processes, including data management, filing and retrieval system for the Executive.
● Supports CEO in his external commitments, including service on external boards, committees and other groups.
● Works closely and effectively, by keeping the CEO well informed of upcoming commitments and responsibilities, and following up appropriately.
● Prioritizes conflicting needs; handles matter expeditiously, proactively, and follows-through on projects to successful completion, often with deadline pressures.
● Monitor changes in relevant legislation and the regulatory environment and take appropriate actions.
● Communicates directly, and on behalf of the CEO, with Advisory Board members, staff, and others, on matters related to CEO's initiatives.
● Significant executive support experience, including supporting C-level executives.
Experience & Education
● Minimum of Bachelor’s Degree in relevant discipline.
● Full knowledge of office management systems and procedures
● Strong organizational skills that reflect the ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks seamlessly with excellent attention to detail.
● Experience in providing support for upper-level management in a related organization.
● Strong interpersonal skills and a high degree of professionalism in dealing with diverse groups of people including high-profile customers, senior executives, community leaders etc.
Skills & Abilities
● Proficiency in Windows including MS Word, EXCEL, PowerPoint and Outlook.
● Ability to multitask.
● Ability to conduct research and present data in a succinct and well-written manner.
● Excellent writing, editing, grammatical, organizational, and research skills.
● Ability to work independently and with professional discretion.
● Ability to work with a broad range of people.
● Excellent management, time management, and problem-solving skills.
● Ability to manage deadlines and prioritize work
● Good analytical, critical reasoning and strategic thinking capabilities skills.
● High level of discretion and Emotional Intelligence
● Very vibrant and courteous.