The Executive Assistant will provide support to the Director in a one-on-one working relationship. The Executive Assistant must be creative and enjoy working within a small, entrepreneurial environment that is mission-driven and results oriented. The ideal individual should have strong research, communication, administrative and organisational skills. The individual should have the ability to exercise good judgment in a variety of situations and maintain a realistic balance among multiple priorities. The Executive Assistant should have the ability to work independently on projects, from conception to completion, and must be able to work under pressure at times to handle a wide variety of activities and confidential matters with discretion.
Roles and Responsibilities
• Complete a broad variety of administrative tasks for the Director including managing an active calendar of appointments and schedule of tasks; upcoming commitments, responsibilities and follow up appropriately.
• Compose and prepare correspondence that is sometimes confidential.
• Develop complex and detailed plans of action.
• Research, prioritise, and follow up on corporate matters and action plans, determine appropriate courses of action, referral, or responses.
• Work closely and effectively with the Director to keep him well informed on current corporate and government affairs and developments in the environment the Firm operates in.
• Manage relationships crucial to the success of the organisation.
• Manage a variety of special projects for the Director, some of which may have organisational impact.
• Successfully complete critical aspects of deliverables with a hands-on approach, including drafting acknowledgement letters, personal correspondence, and other tasks that support the Director’s work.
• Prioritise conflicting needs; handle matters expeditiously, proactively, and follows-through on projects to successful completion, often with deadline pressures.
• Participates as an adjunct member of the Executive Team including assisting in scheduling and attending meetings, taking notes and developing follow up action plans.
• Assists in planning and coordinating the agenda of in-house and external meetings with various partners and stakeholders.
• Strong organisational skills that reflect ability to perform and prioritise multiple tasks seamlessly with excellent attention to detail.
• Very strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build and manage relationships with stakeholders, including staff, third party consultants, corporate clients and partners, Government officials, public and private sector bodies and Development Partners.
• Expert level written and verbal communication skills.
• Highly resourceful team-player, with the ability to also be extremely effective independently
• Ability to handle confidential information with discretion.
• Ability to be handle and adapt to various competing demands and demonstrate the highest level of customer/client service and response.
• Demonstrated ability to achieve high performance goals and meet deadlines in a fast paced Environment.
• Demonstrated proactive approaches to problem-solving with strong decision-making capability.
• Forward looking thinker, who actively seeks opportunities and proposes solutions.
Education and Experience Requirements
• Minimum: Undergraduate degree (in any field).
• Strong work tenure: at least 3 years of relevant work experience.
• Computer literacy: proficient in Microsoft Office.
• Basic knowledge and skills on social media platforms.