Pizza House Restaurant is Mogadishu’s entirely rooftop dining Restaurant. It’s located in an accessible place in the city. An ideal place for every person where you can enjoy panoramic view of the city, a night at Pizza House Restaurant will have you basking in the peaceful and relaxing atmosphere of our Rooftop setting. But it's not all about location - here at Pizza House we have forged a reputation as one of Mogadishu’s top restaurants. We believe in using only the freshest ingredients, the most talented chefs and waiting staff of the most professional standard. Be prepared to be properly taken care of by our outstanding staff whilst you enjoy our delicious cuisine.
We are still in this ever-competitive food business and have upgraded our services for the best of our clients who have supported us all these years. Our business has grown despite having many challenges. We are proud to say that we have created a strong bond with our clients.
Overview of Position
We are seeking to recruit an experienced cooker that undertakes and acts as the Cooker for Pizza House Restaurant. The length of this contract is 3 years starting from November 2021 to November 2024 with possible extension depends on satisfactory. The occupant of this position shall be responsible for preparing and developing Pizza House Coffee shop menu as well as introducing new varieties of hot drinks milk shakes, and smoothies with the assistance of the restaurant manager.
This contract receives day-to-day and week-to-week oversight from restaurant supervisor, he/she will be also expected to innovate and design delicious coffee with nice flavors.
• Pleases customers by providing a pleasant dining experience.
• Serves meals by reviewing recipes; assembling, combining, and cooking ingredients; and maintaining a sanitary kitchen.
• Places and expedites orders.
• Prepares ingredients by following recipes; slicing, cutting, chopping, mincing, stirring, whipping, and mixing ingredients; adding seasonings; verifying taste; and plating meals.
• Completes hot meal preparation by grilling, sautéing, roasting, frying, and broiling ingredients and assembling and refrigerating cold ingredients.
• Adheres to proper food handling, sanitation, and safety procedures; maintains temperature and Hazard Analysis Critical Control Point (HACCP) logs as required; and maintains appropriate dating, labeling, and rotation of all food items.
• Makes adjustments to food items to accommodate guests with allergies or specific diet concerns
• Butchers and cook’s animal meat based on the restaurant atmosphere
• Offers a creative menu to compete with other local restaurants
• Estimates expected food consumption and organizes preparation
• Coordinates daily food supply inventory for the kitchen. Submits order to kitchen supervisor.
• Assists with receipt of deliveries.
• Contributes to daily, holiday, and theme menus in collaboration with supervisor.
• Maintains cleanliness and sanitation of equipment, food storage, and work areas.
• Listens to customer complaints and suggestions and resolves complaints.
• Implements suggestions within parameter of position and refers more complex concerns to supervisor.
• Participates in and/or contributes to programs, committees, or projects designed to improve quality of service and employee productivity.
Qualifications and experience:
• Demonstrated knowledge of and skill in ability to safely and effectively operate standard foodservice equipment
• Customer service
• Oral communication
• Planning, problem solving, and teamwork
• Developing budgets
• High energy Level
• Familiar with point-of-sale computers and software
• Comfortable using a computer, navigating Windows, Microsoft Office, and Outlook Email
• High school diploma or GED
How to apply
Applicants can send their CV and Cover Letter via "Apply Now Button" and state the position applied for from 14th September to 20th October 2021. Kindly do not apply if you do not meet minimum requirements