Required Qualifications and Experience
- Master’s Degree in Palliative Care/Public Health/Global Health or equivalent
- Minimum 10 years experience in a related field at senior management level
- Experience working in health or health-related sector and involvement in advocacy work is an essential requirement
- Works with board and secretariat staff to fulfill the organization mission through programs, strategic planning, and community outreach
- Develops resources sufficient to ensure the financial sustainability of the organization and oversee efficient utilization of the resources to support the organization’s operations
- Establishing employment and administrative policies and procedures for all functions and for the day-to-day operation of the organization.
- Ensure the efficient running of the KEHPCA secretariat including overseeing the compilation and updating of the membership list, organizing the board meetings, preparing and submitting the required reports to the development partners, donors, Government of Kenya, and others requiring reports, and to manage the association secretariat.
- To establish KEHPCA as the first point of contact for the country groups on Palliative Care and related issues, therefore acting as a rapid, efficient and consultative channel for Palliative Care activities within the country and to provide a specialist information service for members on Palliative Care issues such as training programs available, experts within the country and advocacy issues.
- To coordinate the promotion of Palliative Care within the region in collaboration with relevant national experts in Palliative Care and to act in an advocacy role within the region.
- To ensure continuity of partnership and collaboration with the Ministry of Health-Kenya and County governments to support the scale-up and integration of palliative care.
Salary: Based on qualifications and experience
Age: Between the age of 40 – 50 years
Interested candidates should forward, their application to the Board Chairman together with the necessary certificates and other testimonials, copy of current payslip, day time telephone contact and addresses of three referees to: EDposition@kehpca.org or hard copies may be dropped at the KEHPCA office located at Top Plaza Building, Second Floor, Suite-2-2, Kindaruma Road, Kilimani, Nairobi between 9.00 am to 4.00 pm Monday to Friday.
Closing Date: 12th February 2021 at 4.00 pm.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Job disclaimer and notification: KEHPCA is an equal opportunity employer and does not charge /accept any amount or security deposit from job seekers during the selection process
or while inviting candidates for an interview.