The ideal candidate should have a housekeeping background in luxury hotels. They should have an in-depth understanding of luxury hotels housekeeping standards and the ability to develop and execute such operating standards.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities of the job include but are not limited to:
Pre-opening Duties & Responsibilities
• Develop a housekeeping and laundry pre-opening plan that incorporates all housekeeping and laundry aspects and present the same to the management team
• Determine and advise management on the housekeeping and laundry equipment needed during the pre-opening and post-opening period
• Determine and advise management on pre-opening and post-opening manpower needs in reference to the housekeeping and laundry department
• Determine the par stock levels in reference to linen, guest amenities and other housekeeping and laundry supplies for smooth operation.
• Develop a hotel snagging checklist and lead in the snagging process to ensure that the hotel rooms as well as the public area facilities are in proper working order before the same is offered for sale to hotel guests.
• Develop housekeeping and laundry standard operating procedures that are in line with luxury hotel standards
• Develop and execute training plans for the housekeeping and laundry pre-opening team
• Check on all hotel furniture and furnishings to ensure that they are sufficient, in good working order and within the luxury hotel standards.
Post-opening Duties & Responsibilities
• Lead the Housekeeping Department by developing, implementing, and keeping up-to-date policies, procedures, practices, and standards, setting departmental objectives in line with the hotel business objectives
• Develop and implement a departmental strategy that is line with the hotel’s overall strategy
• Supervise housekeeping operations such as cleaning and maintenance whilst ensuring compliance with all housekeeping policies, procedures, standards and satisfaction of guests’ needs
• Inspect all areas and take corrective measures in order to meet the Hotel Standards in reference to hygiene, maintenance and supply
• Select, train, develop, schedule and manage the performance of direct and indirect subordinates to ensure the efficient running of housekeeping operations
• Regularly develop and execute training programs for all housekeeping and laundry staff based on identified performance gaps.
• Manage the sourcing, purchase and inventory of linen and guest supplies necessary to meet quality standards and hotel business needs
• Coordinate housekeeping duties with various departments such as Front Office, Engineering, Sales and Marketing, and Food & Beverage to ensure that all guestrooms and public areas are clean and well maintained in a timely and efficient manner.
• Prepare the housekeeping and laundry annual budget and manning guide and manage the department within the budgetary guidelines
• Coordinate and review third party contracts, including Landscaping, Pest management, Décor, and ensure compliance by both parties
• Participate in the planning of hotel decoration for special functions and festive seasons and organize the necessary actions
• Keep abreast of all new equipment and cleaning products and evaluate their quality, maintain knowledge of local competition and housekeeping industry trends
• Execute housekeeping administrative duties such as leading and attending meetings, writing reports and memos and other specific duties related to the job function
• Prepare daily, weekly and monthly departmental reports and send the same to the General Manager within the stipulated deadlines
• Diploma/Certificate in Housekeeping and Laundry Operations or similar and relevant training
• Five years’ experience in a similar position in a 4- or 5-star hospitality establishment
• Sound knowledge of the luxury & lifestyle hospitality sector and hotel best practices
• Proficiency in Microsoft Suite applications, as well as various property management systems
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Hotel pre-opening experience will be an added advantage