I. Executive Secretary I, JOB GROUP N/CASB 06 (ONE POSITION)
a) Duties and Responsibilities
i. Ensuring security of office equipment, documents and records in the Clerk's Office.
ii. Recording dictation in shorthand and transcribing in typewritten form
iii. Processing data and managing e-office
iv. Operating office equipment
v. Responding to correspondences
vi. Attending to visitors/clients
vii. Handling telephone calls, enquiries and appointments
viii. Handling protocols and confirming travel itineraries for the Clerk
ix. Managing office petty cash
x. Such other relevant duty as may be assigned by the Assembly Clerk /HOD.
b) Minimum Requirements for Appointment
For appointment to this grade, an officer must have:
i. Served in the grade of Office Administrative Secretary II or in a comparable position, for a minimum period of three (3) years;
ii. Bachelor's degree in Secretarial Studies or its equivalent from a recognized institution;
Passed the following examinations from a recognized institution
• Typewriting III (Minimum 50 w.p.m.)/Computerized document processing III;
• Shorthand III (110 w.p.m);
• Business English III/Communications I;
• Office Management III/Office Administration and Management 111;
• Secretarial Duties II;
• Commerce II;
Diploma in Secretarial Studies from the Kenya National Examinations Council or equivalent qualifications from a recognized institution.
iii. Certificate in computer applications from a recognized institution.
iv. Demonstrated professional competence as reflected in work performance and results.
v. Compliance with the provisions of Chapter six of the Constitution.
• Term of Service: Permanent and Pensionable
• Remuneration: To be compensated as per the applicable guidelines by the Salaries and Remuneration Commission.
HOW TO APPLY
• Each application should be accompanied by detailed CV, and copies of relevant academic and professional certificates, Copy of National identification card or passport and other relevant testimonials
• Application should be submitted in a sealed envelope with the position applied for,clearly marked on the left top side. And either hand delivered to the assembly offices or posted to the following addressed:
Machakos County Assembly Service Board
P.O Box 1168-90100
• Online applications may be submitted as PDF attachment via email to: email@example.com
Important information to all applicants
1. Applications should reach the Secretary, County Assembly Service Board on or before 13th May, 2021
2. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Canvasing will lead to automatic disqualification.
3. Shortlisted candidates MUST meet the requirements of chapter six of the Constitution of Kenya on leadership and integrity and will be required to produce clearance /compliance certificate from the following agencies
a) Ethics and Anti-corruption commission
b) Higher Education Loans Board
c) Kenya Revenue Authority
d) Credit Reference Bureau
e) Directorate of criminal Investigation
The County Assembly Service Board of Machakos is an equal opportunity employer and does not charge commission for its recruitment services. Women and persons with disability are encouraged to apply.