The successful candidate shall be involved in the fit-out and fabrication of metal components to assemble structures, using knowledge of welding techniques, metallurgy, and engineering requirements. Must have 10 years’ experience in heavy industry such as cement manufacturing operations.
• Working with the use of workshop equipment such as milling machines and lathes.
• Setting up and adjusting machine tools and equipment.
• Constructing and assembling mechanical systems.
• Liaising with clients in job execution, if required.
• Strictly adhering to all health and safety policies and procedures, including the use of the appropriate protective clothing.
• Carrying out the construction of structural components according to the plan on blueprints.
• Examining structural systems with attention to local and state building codes.
• Overseeing structural systems and ensuring that they are maintained regularly.
• Trade Test/Certificate in technical field.
• Must be comfortable with various welding duties using Gas, Arc, Mig and Tig welding.
• Craft or Final proficiency certificate in Welding and Fabrication.
• Knowledge in the use of AutoCAD will be an advantage.
• Ability to work long and odd hours on shifts in field conditions and under pressure.
• A team player and with good communication skills.
• Must reside in either Western or Nyanza area.
Monthly Gross Salary: Ksh. 70,000 (Approx. 700 USD).
Position Level: Lower Mid-Level.
Location: Kitale, Kenya.
Deadline: 29th April 2021.
We endeavour to contact all of our applicants, but unfortunately high volumes of applications make this unrealistic. If you do not hear from us within two weeks your application has not been successful on this occasion. This does not mean you will not be considered for future roles so please keep an eye on our job board and apply for positions that match your skills and experience.