Division/ Department: Commercial Department
Supervisor: Commercial Sales Manager
Commercial Sales Manager
Export Sales Representative
• Conduct surveys and market research to study and analyze the changing needs of the customers
• To develop plans and strategies by coordinating with the managers to achieve the sales target
• Ensure that the products are made available to suit the needs of the customer and by adhering to the sales processes designed to improve the sales
• Keep abreast of the latest developments in the market by studying the competitor's strategies and products, so that the possible threats can be identified and counter attack strategies can be designed
• Maintain trustworthy professional relationship with the existing as well as the prospective clients
• Select, analyze and validate the vendors requirements and maintain and update the database related to it
• Administer all sales activities for export territory and ensure achievement of all export sales target; analyze all customer requirements to prepare appropriate sales strategies for same.
• Implement all objectives and goals for market sales and net revenue for all export activities and implement all new product launches to achieve overall sales objectives
• Design required marketing and sales program for export territory and maintain knowledge on all competitor products and participate in various exhibitions and seminars.
• Analyze all market intelligence reports and identify new business opportunities to expand business and maintain an efficient portfolio for same.
• Develop and maintain professional relationships with all clients and supervise achievement of sales targets for assigned areas;
• Maintain all company resellers and consumer customers for Export territories and perform regular visits to all sites and provide required training to all staff and to ensure they maintain knowledge on all product range.
• Research and monitor the current global market for Fuel products and prepare report on
product and region basis and identify the untapped potential market.
• Prepare all reports for new markets and analyze all competitor activities and submit same to manager.
• Analyze all market coverage and plan all required resources for same and ensure compliance to all timeframe.
• Evaluate all customer issues and provide optimal solutions to all resolve same.
• Manage all export sales and ensure compliance to all procedures of organization.
• Monitor and keep a track of the performance of various customers by assessing their sales performance
• Conduct meetings to give information regarding the customer's feedback, positive or negative.
• Recommend improvements in the products so as to enhance the sales of the organization.
A successful export sales representative, should have at least some of the following skills:
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to understand the clients' needs and interact with the vendors and the senior management personnel
• Self starter, outgoing personality with exceptional selling and negotiating skills to achieve the sales targets ultimately
• Ability to research and analyze the trends in the market and take appropriate decisions or suggest recommendations
• Proficient in language, where the products are being marketed
• Strong presentation skills, positive attitude and ability to work in a target driven environment
• Should be result oriented with good business acumen, computer literate with excellent time management and organization skills
• Thorough hands on experience with complete export cycle.
• Proactive, action oriented with drive for results.
• Good planning, organizing and time management skills.
Experience and Qualification Requirements
• A bachelor's or a master's degree in business administration or management, sales or marketing is preferred.
• Minimum of three (5) years in export market development of a FMCG company or Oil company.