Daraja Kenya Initiative has created a boys empowerment program named 'The Man I Am'. This program is taught in the mixed schools where the girls' empowerment program named WISH (Women of Integrity, Strength and Hope) is being taught, to create a similar impact to boys too. We are hiring a Facilitator for 'The man I am'.
- Minimum Qualification: Bachelor
- Experience Level: Entry level
- Experience Length: 2 years
The Man I Am Facilitator will report to the Director of Special Programs and will be responsible for facilitating and supporting The Man I Am in partner schools in the following ways;
● Prepare and facilitate lessons in the given partner school.
● Ensure program activities are completed at the assigned Partner School(s) in a timely manner in line with the WISH Pillars.
● Collaborate closely and co-facilitate with the Partner The Man I Am Facilitator assigned lessons each term.
● Collect all the required data for monitoring and evaluation by filling in the daily records of work, update The Man I Am report cards, follow the attendance register for each participant, check The Man I Am Box and attend to the concerns accordingly.
● Prepare reports as needed by the Director of the Special Programs, Partner School leadership, or other The Man I Am colleagues as needed.
● Learn the culture of each of the assigned partner school(s) and contribute in a positive way through The Man I Am Program.
● Participate in Termly evaluations
● Model mentorship through the establishment of positive relationships with The Man I Am students.
● Communicate to the Director of Special Programs areas of support needed by the students.
● Must be a trained teacher and TSC registered or has TSC registration abstract
● Must be a male
● Should be competent in Microsoft Office and Google suite documents.
● Integrity: Know when confidentiality is important and when to share out with appropriate staff.
● Maintain flexibility in all work duties.
● A genuine listener, positivity and a learner in the school of life.
● A self-driven applicant and has intrinsic motivation.
● A good communicator both oral and written.
● Demonstrated passion for boys and girls empowerment
If interested, please send in your application to firstname.lastname@example.org (Special Programs Coordinator) by 30th November 2023
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the BrighterMonday Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.