• Oversee the upkeep and maintenance of all facilities under AKESK Mombasa; conduct regular inspections, identify repairs needed and prepare a detailed yearly maintenance program;
• Implementation of facilities policies and procedures consistent with those of the organization to ensure efficient and safe operation of all the facilities.
• Oversee activities of contractors, tender processes with RFM, vendor personnel, and suppliers; monitor contracts for compliance and controls costs;
• Implement recommendations of Environment Management Audit Reports and Occupational, Safety and Health Audit Reports at the schools in collaboration with Regional Head of Security and Risk Management
• Prepare and manage annual school facilities and property and upkeep budgets
• Prepare and present Facilities reports on a timely basis for the review and guidance of Head Teacher and Regional Facilities Manager
• Develop and maintain emergency/disaster preparedness and recovery plans.
• Develop a comprehensive preventive maintenance program
• Oversee and monitor the work of staff that are part of the facilities management team
• Prepare and update registers for all AKES-K properties and maintain as-built drawings of the properties (approved architectural drawings, title documents etc
• A Bachelor’s degree in Civil, Electrical, Structural or Mechanical engineering and knowledge of construction standards, laws and regulations is required.
• At least five years’ experience as a clerk of works
• Good understanding of, and experience in project management