1) Dealing with emergency issues that arise and breaches the safety, security, or usability of the facilities.
2) Ensuring that plans are created in advance for any necessary replacements and repairs, scheduling necessary maintenance during the times that are least likely to disrupt the business and its employees.
3) Preparing and implementing annual budget for building use and facility maintenance.
4) Ensuring that facilities meet compliance standards and government regulations.
5) Developing schedules for regular evaluation of facilities.
6) Overseeing any renovations, refurbishments and building projects.
7) Maintaining adequate parts inventory and order items as necessary.
8) Coordinating with the decision- makers on the implementation of new building projects.
9) Carrying out in-house motor vehicle inspection for cleanliness, serviceability and general image on monthly basis and share the report with your reporting manager.
10) Ensuring office machines and other equipment are well maintained as per the schedule.
11) Ensuring that contractors read, understand and sign the Permit to Work before any work starts and observe Occupational Health, Safety and Environmental measures.
1) Knowledge of the Property laws of Kenya
2) Ability to build a strong internal network of relationships across the whole organization
3) Strong leadership skills
4) Ability to effectively come up with solutions
5) Proficient level of IT literacy
6) Ability to make quick decisions in a confident and decisive manner
7) Ability to communicate effectively and know how to build connections with people
1Minimum 5 years of progressive leadership experience in Facility Management
2) Worked as a Facility Manager preferably in a Managerial capacity
3)Diploma in facilities management or a related field.
1) The various business licenses and property laws applicable to a manufacturing set up
2) Use of technology