He/she will be responsible for managing, planning, and preparing schedules for the daily operations of the plant in conjunction with the Factory Plant Manager. The successful candidate Must have a minimum of 10+ years' experience in a maintenance management role in the dairy sector.
• Coordinate all supply and product purchases for the operations of the factory.
• Oversees all the plant functions, including processing, cleaning, maintenance, budgets, employees, and marketing.
• Responsible for making sure the plant fulfills its functions which includes making the plant available for teaching and research activities of the Food Science, Nutrition and Health Promotion.
• Responsible for expense control, including shrinkage, labor, and overhead costs.
• Comply with all regulatory statutory requirements concerning food, environmental and employee safety.
• Work in conjunction with the Quality Assurance (QA) supervisor in maintaining practices of the Plant that assures product quality and safety.
• Assist in conducting dairy plant tours as they are scheduled.
• Respond to all questions and complaints from the clients in conjunction with the Quality Assurance standards.
• Interview, train, and evaluate all production staff.
• Work with Human Resources in addressing staff performance issues.
• Ensure the compliance of employees to GMP’s (Good manufacturing practices), SOP’s (Standard Operating Procedures), and the proper use of safety equipment and procedures.
• Develop processes to increase productivity and enhance performance.
• Ensure company policies and procedures are always followed.
• Monitor equipment and ensure that they are in good working order.
• Repair or replace plant equipment as needed.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• Proven work experience as a Factory Plant Manager.
• Adequate knowledge of business and management principles (budgeting, strategic planning, resource allocation and human resources).
• MUST have familiarity with dairy industry standard equipment and technical expertise.
• Good understanding of regulatory requirements for operating plants.
• Strong aptitude for root cause analysis and troubleshooting operational issues.
• Be knowledgeable of safety, quality, productivity, demand creation, inventory and stewardship processes.
• Strong leadership and managerial attributes. Exceptional organizational and time-management skills.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Industrial Management with dairy factories, Logistics, or related field.
• A Master’s degree will be an added advantage.
• 10+ years' experience in a maintenance management role in the dairy sector.
Monthly Gross Salary: Open depending on skills and experience.
Career Level: Upper Mid-Level.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree/ Diploma.
Deadline: 03rd March 2021.
We endeavour to contact all our applicants, but unfortunately high volumes of applications make this unrealistic. If you do not hear from us within two weeks your application has not been successful on this occasion. This does not mean you will not be considered for future roles so please keep an eye on our job board and apply for positions that match your skills and experience.
*** Summit Recruitment & Search, as a policy, does not charge any fee as a pre-employment or post-employment requirement***