Degree in Agricultural Sciences, Food sciences or related field
- Minimum Qualification: Bachelor
- Experience Level: Mid level
- Experience Length: 4 years
JOB LOCATION - Nyamira County
The job holder will report to the Deputy General Manager (Manufacturing). He/she will be responsible for planning, co-ordinating and supervising black tea manufacture.
1. Take charge of all operations in the factory.
2. Ensure the checking of the green leaf quality deliveries, weighing, spreading, and withering of the leaf.
3. Plan and coordinate the manufacture of withered leaf in the factory.
4. Plan and coordinate the sorting, packing and dispatch of the manufactured black tea.
5. Plans, coordinate, deploy and supervise factory labour.
6. Record keeping of all the activities in the factory.
7. Plan and monitor material usage.
8. Ensure the payments of salary advances and monthly wages.
9. Ensure good industrial relations.
10. Take charge of infrastructure- firewood yards, camp buildings and water supply.
11. Ensure maintenance of factory machinery and maintains a register of loose tools.
12. Ensure security within the factory and its environs.
13. Ensure conformity to Occupational safety and health standards, environmental awareness.
14. Ensure the smooth running of the manufacturing shifts.
15. Participate in preparation the annual budgets.
16. Prepare monthly reports and present actual to budget variances obtained.
17. Ensure Company Policies are adhered to.
18. Plan, recruit and train factory human resource.
19. Overseeing overall factory budgets including monitoring departmental budgets
20. Identifying, implementing and benchmarking best practices in management.
21. Determining and coordinating factory reporting and communication requirements
Academic & Professional Qualifications
1. Degree in Agricultural Sciences, Food sciences or related field
2. Diploma in Agricultural engineering or related field.
3. At least 4 years’ experience in a similar position
4. Certificate or diploma in occupational safety and health
5. Good Managerial, leadership, analytical and presentation skills
6. High levels of integrity and a Team player
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the BrighterMonday Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.