Simba Fresh Ltd is a Large agricultural Farm dealing in growing and selling of Fresh farm produce especially Herbs, Vegetables and Fruits.
It is located in Naromoru, Nyeri county on the Nyeri-Nanyuki highway.
1. Farm Manager
Farm manager will be expected to manage the farm proactively liaising with the General Manager in managing the firm effectively.
• Self-motivated, entrepreneurial individual with integrity and a strong work ethic.
• Good communication verbal/written, interpersonal and computer skills are required.
• Can work without supervision.
• Team oriented
• Knowledge in latest modern agricultural practices that save on costs, are sustainable, maximize on space and are environmentally friendly.
• Passionate about agriculture
• Proven evidence of managerial or leadership skills is essential.
• Fit, energetic, and resilient, and be willing and able to work for long hours
• Bachelors degree in Agronomy, crop science, agribusiness management, environmental sciences or their equivalent from a recognized university’
• Over 5 years experience in managing a farm or horticultural crops with a focus on herbs, vegetables and fruits.
• Must be computer literate.
• Excellent husbandry skills and Knowledge of Health Programme.
• Knowledge of fresh produce markets in Kenya and abroad
• Understanding of internal audits on various standards like Global Gap and environmental audits
• Recruiting and supervising temporary workers to prepare the land for planting, creation of seed beds, transplanting, harvest etc. as necessary.
• Supervising the construction and ongoing operation of greenhouse units from time to time
• Preparing and executing processes and procedures for the management of the greenhouses and open field.
• Maintaining farm cleanliness and ensuring sanitation procedures are followed.
• Monitoring and maintaining current systems e.g. irrigation, water tanks and drip lines
• Monitoring the health of plants for any diseases and pests
• Overseeing farm’s audit and maintaining clear records for purposes of audits
• Overseeing crop watering, pesticide and fertilizer applications as per the recommended standards.
• Ensuring the highest available quality and yield of produce from current facilities from seeds or seedlings planted.
• Recommending changes to improve crop yields, reduce costs and increase ROI as necessary
• Recommending appropriate crop varieties to increase the farm’s income and returns
• Providing frequent updates to directors on the status of the farm and health of crops
• Planning, setting production targets, and buying materials needed for the farm
• Maintaining health and safety across the farm.
• Continuously monitoring the quality, performance of the produce.
• Managing the farm’s budget, cash flow and communicating with suppliers
• Monitoring and documenting all yields and record keeping.
• Arranging the maintenance and repair of farm buildings, machinery and equipment
• Overseeing packhouse activities and ensuring coordination between production and packhouse to guarantee zero wastage of farm harvest