- Diploma in Horticulture from any credible university
- Must have at least 3 years’ experience in a commercial farm environment, managing farm assets and farm labour
- Experience and knowledge about cultivating common greenhouse crops.
- Committed to working in a remote environment
- Deep knowledge of agrochemicals and the permissible residue levels for various markets.
- Must be conversant with greenhouse and open field farming technology
- Keen on learning, growing, and contributing to a small team of experienced people in a dynamic environment
- Ability to work independently while constantly informing management using reports, charts and memos.
- Managing all on-farm activities to include planning of all seeding, nursery, growing and harvesting, sorting, packaging, pruning, pest control, record keeping, maintenance of standards of health and safety as per G.A.P Certificate
- Overall welfare of the plants in order to meet the 90% yield quota
- Assign duties, such as cultivation, irrigation, harvesting, pruning, packaging, grading and equipment maintenance
- Marketing of farm produce and Coordination with logistics and sales staff to ensure correct timing of harvest-ready produce
- Efficient utilization of farm labour to avoid high wage bill, and cutting down on unnecessary farm costs
- Stock-taking of farm Inputs and know when re-order levels are due
- Implement a farm records management system, and timely updates to management on progress status
- Prepare annual, bi-annual work plans and break then down into short to midterm work plans
- Report progress against work plans weekly, monthly and quarterly
- Embrace innovative ways to farming, advising on best practice
- Ensure adherence to Horticultural Crops Development Authority regulations, including Food Safety and Quality, Environment Safety and Workers Welfare, Health and Safety
- Post-harvest processing including storage and packaging in preparation of sale
- Implement farm safety procedures at all times
Salary - 40,000 Negotiable depending on work experience
How to Apply: Interested and qualified individuals are requested to submit a detailed CV in word format as an attachment with at least three referees to quoting the job reference on the subject. Note:
Our recruitment terms and conditions apply, An agency fee will be charged.