The ideal candidate will be someone with:
- experience growing and managing horticultural produce
- experience ensuring completion of the value chain so that where necessary there is value addition,
- ability to ensure all output is delivered to the relevant market, which includes the export market.
- good communication skills, high problem solving skills, proactivity, a high level of integrity and accuracy.
- The FM will be charged with the responsibility of ensuring the farm is managed in the most cost effective way without compromising quality and ensuring all required environmental and global standards are adhered to.
- The FM will also be required to maintain records on all activities and movement of both crops and animals.
- Demonstrated knowledge on use of any and all farm implements.
- He/she will be required to use his/her discretion in ensuring that fast moving crops/animals are grown/kept so that the farms remains commercially viable throughout the year and seasons.
- He/she should also have budgeting and planning skills to ensure Profitability and professionalism is maintained while managing the farm.
Applications will be assessed as they come in and the deadline is 26th June 2020.
- Graduate of Egerton University or JKUAT.
- Minimum 3 Years’ experience in similar job.
- Age 25 to 40 years.
Pay between Kshs 35,000- 50,000 depending on qualifications and experience.
If you feel you have the right competencies for this position and are willing to take up the challenge, kindly submit your cover letter and CV clearly outlining why you qualify with the heading APPLICATION FOR THE POSITION OF FARM MANAGER.