Feasibility Study for Setting up Manufacturing and Value Addition Agr-Processing Plant/s in Kenya
Opportunities exist for Business Analyst conducting a practical detailed feasibility study focused on setting up manufacturing and agri-value addition business opportunities in strategic locations in Kenya. The business feasibility study will be used as a controlled process for identifying problems and opportunities, determining objectives, describing situations, defining successful outcomes, and assessing the range of costs and benefits associated with several alternatives for solving a problem. The Business Feasibility Study will be used to support decision making process based on a cost benefit analysis of the actual business concept or project viability.
Feasibility Study target Business/Enterprise (s) include:
Business Opportunity Potential Location
1 Potato Processing Plant
2 Integrated Fruit and Vegetables Processing Plant
3 Brick Production and building construction products
4 Assembly of green mobility machines (Electric motorbikes, electrifying 2- 3 wheel cheap vehicles (tuku tukus)
The target business establishment will aim to work closely with rural and urbanizing farmers in Kenya to build enterprises that generate income, create livelihood opportunities and fuel economic growth focused on:
1) Strengthen value chains: We work handson with smallholder farmers, enabling them to grow high-value products, engage with private sector companies and sell in profitable markets;
2) Support entrepreneurs in low income areas: We provide business training and support to women and men who want to create thriving, sustainable enterprises;
3) Promote sustainable local economic development: Our market-led approach increases incomes for target groups, catalysing further economic and social development in their communities.
The feasibility study programme is based on the “Making Markets Work for the low-income earners approach and covers various sub-sectors like potatoes, maize, vegetables and fruits through Farmer Producer Organisations.
The project is looking for an experienced business analyst who will be preparing a feasibility study for setting up a value addition processing plant and manufacturing in Kenya which will be shared with various stakeholders including Government.
No. of positions: 3
Start date: Immediate
Length of commitment required: 3 months
Description: The specific tasks of the consultant will include:
• Mapping and scoping for setting up target market processing plant and with its required capacity
• Identifying market demand for commercial plant
• Technical requirement of civil structures like location, infrastructure, and storage facility including alternative locations sites
• Suggesting appropriate inputs/feed formulations and as a unique product from the target business
• Preparation of bankable business plan and financial viability including sources of funds
• Designing a suitable marketing system and strategy
• Sharing the final feasibility report and present in appropriate forums.
• Minimum of 5 years experience in conducting feasibility study industry. Prior experience of setting up processing plants
• Excellent technical and managerial skill
• Should possess excellent analytical skills with demonstrated ability to undertake field research
• Demonstrated ability to work with a diverse team and to deliver in a time-bound project
• Interest in the agribusiness/development sector
• Flexible to travel to the study area during the execution of the project