The incumbent shall be responsible for the identification and conversion of new business development opportunities in the Fertilizer sector. The role is accountable for achieving volume, revenue and margin growth targets by growing company market share with existing customers in fertilizer business through the sale of product and service offerings, and by acquiring new customers by providing consultative solutions.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Income Generation
• Increased business development.
• Managing customer relations by being the point of contact for customers, updating customers on the availability of products, and the status of their order.
• Understanding the competitive environment and strategizing priorities to select target customers.
• Visit current and potential customers regularly.
2. Management of Debtors Payments
• Review accounts to identify problems, such as overdue accounts.
• Visit/Liaise with customers to discuss and resolve payment problems.
• Quote prices and credit terms and prepare sales contracts for orders obtained.
• Maintain customer database
4. Sales Management
• Travel throughout the assigned territory on customer visits to solicit orders, or talk with customers at expos or by phone and attend trade shows.
• Conduct research and liaise with the management team on taking the sales prospect further.
• Keep customers informed about any challenges regarding the execution of orders/contracts.
• Conduct competitor analysis.
• Recognize customers’ stages in their decision making cycle and use the information strategically to secure an advantage.
5. Product Knowledge
• Possess excellent in-depth knowledge of products being able to explain the product values, quality, target customers and technical knowledge of the product.
6. Market Knowledge
• Keep up-to-date and informed on market, industry and regulatory issues.
• Prepare and present periodic sales reports to the management.
• Excellent understanding of the Fertilizer industry in Kenya.
• A Bachelor’s degree in Marketing or a related field.
• A minimum of 3 years’ experience in Fertilizer sales.
• Ability to build reports and forecast on sales as well as trends.
• Excellent interpersonal communication and strong negotiation and influential skills.
• Strong relationship management ability.
• Extensive business-to-business sales experience