JOB REQUIREMENTS: APPLICANTS MUST HAVE THE FOLLOWING CERTIFICATIONS
1. Degree, diploma or certificate in telecommunication or related fields
2. Valid work at height certification
3. Valid first aid certification
4. Valid fire marshall certification
5. Valid medical examination certificate
6. Valid kplc general safety certificate
7. Valid drivers lisence/ defensive driving certificate ( an added advantage)
JOB DESCRIPTION OF A FIELD TECHNICIAN
1. Laying of fiber optic cables to the clients building
2. Provide technical support to work mates and the clients.
3. Proper maintenance of company tools and machines being used in the field
4. Explain to the client the nature of the job that we will be doing in his/her premises to the best of his/her understanding
5. Document all the work done in the field and submit to the project manager
6. Ensure all policies and procedures that are involve are adhered to
7. Ensure all the workers in the field have all the necessary tools, equipment and conditions to make sure they fully focus on their job
8. Maintain a safe working environment free from hazards for example, perform a risk assessment before any work begins, barricade the area we are working at, ensure every worker has the proper PPES.
9. Fiber optic cable splicing
10. Experience and preparation of working on different types of fiber optic closures
11. Patching of fiber optic cores to facilitate interconnection of BTS(Base Transceiver Stations) sites in the project
12. Installation of ODFs(optical distribution frames) in the BTSs
13. Taking traces of the already complete fiber optic link
14. Laying of fiber optic cable from the main line to the clients desired termination point in FTTB (Fiber To The Building) project
15. Have proper knowledge of various electronic components and computer operating systems and have the capability to handle routers and other networking equipment including KPLC approved equipment for Working in close proximity to powerlines.