Functional Area : PROCUREMENT
Internal: Production, Procurement
External: Farmers, Government and Non-governmental agencies.
Education and Experience:
• Literate ,preferable Minimum certificate in computer packages
• Any combination of experience and/or education to perform the job allotted
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
• Awareness of the inputs, activities and outputs related to the job.
• Understand and follow the instructions(written and/or oral given by the superior)
• Ability to keep records and make reports
Duties and Responsibilities:
• The Field Extension officer being the company contact person will provide support as follows:
o Establishes farmers working groups to enhance proper communication and sharing of limited resources.
o Visiting farm areas frequently , prepare reports and send to procurement
o Ensuring that the agreed targets of potatoes are supplied to the factory as agreed
o Checking the quality of potatoes at farm level adheres to Norda quality requirements before dispatch to factory
o Providing the superior with estimated yields from each farm prior to harvest
o Monitoring the yields and prepare a comparison sheet to share with Superior
o Act as a liaison for the company and the farmers conveying proper information on both ends.
o Implements performance monitoring and evaluation system;
o Prepares periodic plans and budget.
o As deemed necessary, carries out other tasks assigned to him.
• Ensure that men, equipment, machinery and materials under your sphere of action are used optimally, avoiding waste.
• Communication, Team work
o Communicates in an open way
• with Colleagues & Subordinates
• with the Superior
o Effective Team participation
o Effective contribution to team
o Cooperates well with colleagues
• within the department
• with other parts of the company
• Aware of the designated job at any point of time, what action to take in case of problems and emergencies
• Frankly seek directions in case of any doubt from the superior.
• Ensure that all the instructions related to hygiene, health and safety are carried out without fail. Remember you are responsible for your safety as well as that of your coworkers.
• Knowledge of all documents and records related to the allotted job, including their location.
• To help identify and implement more efficient process and procedures within the team.
• Performs related works as required by the superior.
• To oversee the workflow of the people you oversee.
• To balance the workload,
• To stop process when the performance is out of the norms.