• Carrying out farm demonstrations on crop maintenance at the assigned farms;
• Providing effective operational support to ensure the continuous supply of the produce to the factory from managed farms (out-growers).
• Training farmers on application of fertilizer and harvesting of the crops;
• Ensuring proper maintenance of the farms;
• Assisting farmers in planting quality plants and carrying out census of plant population;
• Carrying out verification of new growers and transfer cases;
• Training farmers on effective management of nurseries;
• Liaising with other authorities in solving problems concerning crop growing;
• Participating in communicating the company’s policies to farmers as and when required.
• A Diploma in Agriculture or its equivalent e.g. Horticulture, forestry, Agriculture Extension etc.
• At least 2 years’ experience in Field operations and ability to supervise day to day operations in the managed farms as well as offer extension services to Out-growers
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
• Disciplined and must have personal integrity.