Avenews’ goal is to close the financial gap that exists within the agriculture industry and provide the necessary financial services, loans insurance and other products, to ensure the agricultural industry and in particular smallholder farmers maximize their potential.
We are a multicultural, dynamic, innovative and ambitious team that strives for success in everything we do. We have a fantastic team of talented individuals who all play a pivotal role in the success story of Avenews and we look forward to the exciting journey ahead, bringing Avenews to Africa and beyond.
AGT has an exciting position available for a Field Officer (FO) in Kenya to assist with existing and new client relationships, ongoing and new projects and to offer product training and technical support for agribusinesses throughout the country.
What we require for the applicant to be successful:
· MUST have agricultural industry experience
· Experience in sales; the ability to generate and manage leads
· Strong customer service and relationship abilities
· Ability to assist with implementation and deployment of services and solutions when and where required
· Experience and willingness to travel to rural farming communities to assist with on-site training
· Candidate should be based or willing to be based in either of the following regions; Embu, Kirinyaga, Mwea
Ideally the successful applicant should have the following skill set:
· IT savvy
· Exceptional organizational and planning skills
· Efficient with Microsoft Office (Ms Word & Excel)
· Presentation and communication skills
· Time management
· Excellent interpersonal skills
· Ability to work independently
What the role will entail:
· Identifying areas of growth for the company and provide constructive feedback from the field
· Create awareness of AGT solutions in the market where applicable
· Assisting the Account Manager with country operations, projects and client engagements
· Provide support to agribusiness clients i.e. training, field assistance, demonstrations etc
· Maintain strong relationships with existing customers to ensure the user experience is positive
· Ensure superior customer service is offered at all times to all levels of clients
· Promptly identify and resolve problems directly impacting the client and escalate accordingly where required
· Achieve monthly/yearly KPI’s and liaise with the Account Manager to ensure a seamless service to our clients and end-users.
· Timely reporting to Account Manager, i.e. client engagements, leads, forecasting and travel etc
In addition, their involvement and input may be required with:
· Internal country group crunch sessions on how to maximize revenue potential
· Penetration into new territories
· Providing support to other countries if/when required
All applications to be submitted before 10th December 2021.
All applicants should send a cover letter explaining how they fit into this role and a resume with relevant references.