(What the job involves) What does a field & online sales executive do?
Within the innovation space providing solutions to hair and beauty sectors, field & online sales executives are broadly responsible for generating leads both online and offline and converting these leads to opportunities and finally sales using the funnel approach. They are also expected to outline and implement strategic plans for new customers acquisition and repeat customers retention with an aim of increasing company’s revenues and profits.
Typically, they will be expected to carry out the following duties;
• Convert sales leads from online and offline to revenues
• Prospect Acquisition: Generate leads from both online and offline sources, follow then through to opportunities and close the opportunities to closed sales using the sales funnel approach Work with the Social Media Marketing team in responding to inquiries online on social media platforms Generate leads - a company needs leads to sell to if it's going to grow it's client base. A program of ongoing leads generation is therefore essential • Value Selling: Analyze customers and situations, identifying their needs across the full spectrum of Saspacity’s offerings
• Call Planning:
Draw up & /implement customer calls / checkup schedules and strategies towards achievement of the department monthly and annual goals.
• Sales Funnel Management: Seize all available opportunities with the sales funnel to improve sales and maintain a record of all opportunities constantly updating the leadership on the progress Account management - Maintaining a good ongoing client relationship is a vital part of the job Identify new opportunities and channels - extending the reach of Saspacity’s offerings to increase its commercial success. Business development strategy may highlight new geographic areas to sell into, new sectors, new business types, clients etc. • Develop a 'sales' strategy - essentially a business plan of how well we can sell Saspacity’s offerings to beauty and hair services individual / corporate customers.
• Conduct regular market analysis studies - gathering intelligence on consumer trends with the aim of ensuring Saspacity maintains a strong presence in the customers’ minds.
• Create and submit business proposals - this is an integral part the job and will involve you both writing formal business proposals and presenting in person to corporate customers and event organizers and planners as much as wedding planners to get more wedding customers
• Negotiate and close B2B business deals • Product expertise and knowledge: If your job is to sell Saspacity’s offering to customers then it's vital you have good sound knowledge of our brand, the benefits it offers, retention plans, platform features and also be fully up to-date on any product improvements or new offerings
• Attend trade shows and industry events - attending beauty shows such is an essential part of the job so you can network, generate new client leads and keep abreast of new services coming onto the market
Skills and Personal Qualities
The following qualities and skills are needed for business development jobs
• Excellent communication skills
• Good strategic thinking
• Well organized - an essential part of the job as you'll have meetings to attend (possibly in different areas of the city), presentations to give etc. Good time keeping will be of the essence!
• Industry contacts - although it is possible to enter the hair and beauty industry from another sector in a sales capacity it will stand in you in good stead if you have already worked within the industry perhaps as a field sales rep and therefore come with your own contacts.
• Target Oriented - you will have sales targets to reach
• Determination - One of the hardest aspects of the job will be getting through to salon owners and managers as they can be notoriously busy. Demonstrating persistence will therefore be key
• Commercial acumen
• Presentation skills - the ability to present in a highly professional manner to salon owners, senior executives and buyers why they should stock your products
• Ability to open new accounts - good negotiation and closing skill
• Years of experience -1
• Ladies are encouraged to apply
It is not always necessary to have a recognized beauty and/or hair qualification to become our Field & Online sales executive although to have experience of working in the sector is generally considered a bonus as is a passion for hair or skincare services and technological innovations.
Qualifications and/or experience in marketing and/or business management can also be advantageous.
Previous sales and account management experience within the industry is often a requirement of advertised positions as they require a good understanding of Saspacity’s offering to be sold and how to sell to salons and spas clients.
Potential Salary and Benefits
Field & Online sales executive can expect to earn a basic salary of between KES 15,000 per month plus commission based on performance.
What is Saspacity?
Saspacity is a go to discovery platform for all beauty and wellness that connects salons, barber shops, stylists and professionals providing beauty and other health and wellness services and products with clients seeking such services and products.
“Conveniently connecting beauty enthusiasts to beauty services”
How does Saspacity work?
The main feature of Saspacity is to provide a booking platform for beauty and wellness services in order to create trust and convenience between clients and salons. It allows the client to book a service and go to the salon, spa or barbershop and get attended to while there. On the other hand, it also allows you to get a make-up artist or a stylist come to you instead and make your hair, makeup or nails at your office, house, vacation place, wedding arena, church or whichever place just to ensure you don't move a muscle and focus on your core business functions. We call this freelance or concierge service. However, we have other features that connect with the foundational feature to make it work perfectly.