Reporting To: Operations Manager
Direct reports: Indirect reports:
To organize our company’s day-to-day accounting procedures.
Finance Administrator responsibilities include maintaining records for all transactions, preparing monthly and quarterly financial reports and processing reimbursements. The Finance Administrator must follow company policies to process payments, approve money transfers, keep financial statements, review reimbursements, and approve purchase order requisitions. Additionally, they prepare financial reports, and collaborate with other departments as needed.
• Develop and maintain financial analysis and reporting activities for Taxiye.
• Prepare finance reports and account reconciliation reports according to Taxiye policies on periodic basis.
• Ensure maintenance of the general ledgers.
• Prepare tax documents for timely filing of company tax.
• Prepare and adjust finance journal entries as required.
• Assist in managing account payable and receivable activities.
• Support the annual financial audit processes through the preparation of standard reports as well as other custom reports as requested.
• Coordinate with finance and HR teams in preparation of financial reports and statements.
• Administer all payroll activities as well as oversee vendor payments etc.
• Reconcile monthly general ledger balance, invoices and credit card statements.
• Maintain all financial records and files as per the company policies.
• Assist in setting and managing budgets.
• Identify and resolve invoicing issues, accounting discrepancies and other financial related issues.
• Manage all bill payments and customer invoicing as per the deadlines.
• Streamline processes and procedures for improving operational efficiency of finance reporting and budgeting systems.
Day to day activities:
• Processing of transactions
• Providing financial information and deducing the repercussions for business performance and funding needs
• To ensure the financial rules of Taxiye are followed
• To prepare accounts for payments received and purchases made by Taxiye
• Maintain the petty cash
• Controls day to day incomes and expenditures
• To enforce and improve the financial controls within Taxiye
• Bachelor's degree in business administration or finance or a related field
• ACCA or CPAK certification
Core Skills & Competencies:
1. Interpersonal skills: needs to possess the ability to build positive interactions with customers and partners.
2. Innovative skills: need to be innovative and have the ability to think outside the proverbial box.
3. Analytical skills: the role requires someone who can analyze different scenarios, who can apply critical thinking to any given situation and have the ability to make appropriate decisions for each situation.
4. Ability to solve problems: it’s very essential for the financial administrator to be able to confront compound difficulties head-on as they occur.
5. Commercial intelligence: it is very important for the role to recognise the connection between Taxiye’s fiscal behaviour and open market demands.
Background / Experience:
• Minimum of five years, working in a Finance role
• Experience in accounting and computerised accounting systems.
• Experience in making improvements to financial systems; an aptitude for this work is an advantage.
• Good understanding of the laws of Kenya related to tax, insurance, etc.