Our product is a smart chatbot making it possible for anyone to access the information and opportunities they need from the organizations they trust over any mobile phone. With Arifu, people seeking to learn can freely chat with Arifu
using interactive SMS or smartphone chat apps to master new skills, discover a world of free educational content, and earn rewards from our partners whether or not they have internet or airtime. The Arifu chatbot delivers personalized
content designed in-house in close collaboration with our partners such as financial service providers, mobile operators, agribusinesses and NGOs. Our partners use Arifu to engage, train, and capture data on mass markets and hard-to-reach people across their value chains, especially low-income customers and informal retailers and suppliers.
Arifu reached over 1.3m users in 2019 with a rapidly growing active user base. Currently serving over 1,000,000 learners in Africa together with clients such as Mastercard, Safaricom, KCB, and the UN, Arifu has demonstrated results
increasing people’s income and access to impactful products and services while creating shared value for partners.
The Finance and Accounting Associate will report directly to the Senior Finance Manager and be responsible for:
● Tracking sales, expenses, and profits and maintaining accurate ledgers with Quickbooks;
● Monitoring accounts payable and receivable, following up with clients and services providers as needed;
● Providing project-level accounting support for all assigned projects including assigning resources, entering budgets for assigned projects, and meeting with project managers for new projects to ensure that the budget is
set up correctly and reports are displayed correctly;
● Producing quarterly and annual financial statements: balance sheet, income statement, and cash flow statement;
● Maintaining company asset register.
● Act as the company bank liaison and other financial partners
● Manage company petty cash float
● Generating and maintaining pro forma financial statements and projections;
● Working closely with the product team to build and maintain Arifu’s online partner account functionality for accurately capturing project cost and client budget;
● Provide management with financial analysis-based recommendations to inform cost reduction and supportdecisions making by leadership team;
● Ensure full compliance with KRA and other government bodies;
● Carry out annual audit and support in compliance of other subsidiaries;
● Maintaining monthly project cost tracker and provide monthly reports on costs movements and projections;
● Support in monthly software and content valuation by collecting and documenting relevant information;.
For this role, we’re looking for someone who meets the following criteria:
● 5+ years of professional experience in finance and accounting;
● Degree in Accounting or Finance related field required. CPA section 4 w;
● Passion to use your skills to bring quality products and services to underserved communities;
● Knowledge of accounting and bookkeeping principles and ability to generate financial statements;
● Strong analytical skills and ability to generate complex and actionable financial models in Excel;
● Humility to know what you can improve on, openness to give and receive constructive feedback, and the drive
to invest in continued learning as you pursue mastery;
● Resourceful and proactive when generating solutions to the problems that stand in your way;
● Commitment to consistently deliver high quality work on time;
● Ability to handle the chaos of a fast-paced startup work culture and a willingness to take on additional tasks and support the work of other team members as necessary to achieve collective goals.
Compensation and Benefits:
First and foremost, we care about your success and will support you along your journey to achieving remarkable success.
We aspire to be competitive on compensation although, as an early-stage social enterprise, many on the teamwork just below market rate. To make up for that, staff are able to participate in the Arifu employee share program. We also offer
a comprehensive health insurance package and will cover the cost of a work permit for foreign staff. Other benefits include monthly airtime allowance, extra leave, a stocked kitchen, and plenty of ping-pong and foosball.
Send your CV with “Finance and Accounting Associate" in the subject, tell us what excites you about this role, and include at least one sample of your work so we can see the quality of your craft.